Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Mitchell vs. Chris Arreola: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like seth mitchell...he's fun to watch...but with that said, i think arreola cracks that chin

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      who voted decision?

serious?

perhaps it's the gut reaction for a close fight, but this is the HW division, boys. these aren't dudes the size of your GF (nishi and donaire, for example,)

yall been conditioned with the last few years of hbo and showitme not covering the HW, and the guys in the HW division not being aggressors.

when these guys connect with big punches the fight starts to end.

4-8 rounds is when this one will end. no later.
      who thought Haye-Wlad would go the distance ?

that's right

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        i agree arreola took a knee but mitchell showed excellent ring intelligence when he was hurt. he had the ring smarts to hold on & not let chazz get off any clean punches until he cleared his head. chazz has very good power but he is a C+ heavyweight at best. i think it was a good lesson learned for mitchell. after he obliterated timur ibragimov(C+ HW) he may have got a little complacent & thought he could walk through any HW's punch but he found out quickly that's not the case. he won't make the same mistake vs banks or arreola.
        i just re-watched, and this is not true I'm afraid

Mitchell grabbed twice, and he was still getting hit, he was not covering up well, and he didn't move his head and upper body like he should have

when he went back to his corner, he was still wobly

Comment

i got chris arreola still to early for seth mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            NO, I know who doesn't watch and its alot of north americans. I think its a problem when a large portion of the western hemisphere doesn't know or care about the HWT champion of the world .

I mean the HWT champion is virtually unknown in North America and when he fights very few people in North America watch.

I know this is a sore subject with you but I think we can only discuss this if you are willing to be honest about the current HWT division.
            The media also plays a big part of this, no matter how "good" the division is, it is partly caused by the ignorance of the American media who ignore foreign fighters who are dominating the heavyweight division, granted if the champ would be American, many more people would know him even if the division wasn't any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
              who thought Haye-Wlad would go the distance ?

that's right

you're comparing mitchell and arreola to wlad - haye?

the possiblity that the wlad and haye fight would be low contact was there. the expectation was for haye to get hit more with the jab and not be strong enough to take it, but he was able to take away. they weren't expected to go to war by anybody who knows boxing

the only thing the two fights have in common are knockout power from all four fighters.

did you vote for a decision , ?
              Last edited by New England; 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

mitchell decision .....

what is wrong with you people...?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you're comparing mitchell and arreola to wlad - haye?

the possiblity that the wlad and haye fight would be low contact was there. the expectation was for haye to get hit more with the jab and not be strong enough to take it, but he was able to take away. they weren't expected to go to war by anybody who knows boxing

the only thing the two fights have in common are knockout power from all four fighters.

did you vote for a decision , ?
                  Wlad and Haye both have shaky chins and great power = almost nobody thought it would go the distance. I know Arreola and Mitchell are come forward fighters, but it is not totally out of the question this fight could go the distance.

And no, I didn't vote for a decision, as I didn't vote at all in fact. If I had voted, I would have picked Arreola by KO.

Comment

Make the fight happen. The U.S. needs a good heavyweight bout.

Comment

i don't wanna say it but arreola would be the favorite (to win by tko). but i'm a big fan of mitchell, met him earlier this year, so i'd be rooting for him on this one. this HW matchup def isn't going the distance regardless of who you're rooting for.

Comment

Working...
                      X