No announcement yet.

Boxing gloves for beginners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing gloves for beginners

What kind of training gloves should I buy? I live in the UK and don't know which ones to go for. I've only been boxing a month and don't wanna spend over £100. I've been thinking about Topboxer, was thinking of mexican gloves but don't know where to buy them in the UK. What gloves do you recommend? and where would I get them from?

Also, how long do the gloves last? I train 6 days a week

Originally posted by Owain View Post
    What kind of training gloves should I buy? I live in the UK and don't know which ones to go for. I've only been boxing a month and don't wanna spend over £100. I've been thinking about Topboxer, was thinking of mexican gloves but don't know where to buy them in the UK. What gloves do you recommend? and where would I get them from?

You can always order online, Reyes or other top brands. Check for discounts on ebay, where you can find them a lot cheaper than buying at the store.

Comment

What gloves are you looking for, sparring or heavybag/training gloves.

You want some gloves that have good wrist support and pretty good padding.For sparring the good padding is a must and a velcro that goes all the way around your wrist and not just way like some of the everelast gloves. The velcro that goes all the way around because the halfway velcro can actually cut your sparring partner, by opening or like in some of the everlast gloves it's actually f**king sharp and the other reason is because it doesn't last as long.Some good sparring gloves would be, 14 or 16 oz gloves and some good brands would include for that price would be fairtex,twins,ringside,title,topten i'm sure there are other good gloves for the price and your lucky in uk because you have a lot of options.

If your looking for bag gloves then what i would look for is a good wrist support and a bit denser padding than for sparring and i personally prefer to have a secured thumb. Some twins bag gloves seem good and some rivals. You can use use normal boxing gloves on the bag too but they wear out a lot faster and you shouldn't use the same gloves for sparring and bag work.

How long your gloves last depends a bit on what your using them for, my sparring gloves seem like they are still new after over a half a year of sparring.

Comment

Ring to Cage japanese style gloves (c17)are 100 dollars. They're probably the best glove for that price, in my opinion. They're winnings clones and they do a really damn good job at it. They're build to last you should look to try them.

Comment

Save your money and buy Winning MS-600 which are 200 bucks. 100 dollar gloves is a waste of money.

http://winning-usa.com/products.html

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTq6FWzuFw
            Last edited by Rockin'; 01-08-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Save your money and buy Winning MS-600 which are 200 bucks. 100 dollar gloves is a waste of money.

http://winning-usa.com/products.html
              Winning does make some bad ass gloves.

Comment

I am also fond of boxing. I started boxing training 6 months. I am living in UK and I brought my boxing gloves from this online shop AQF Sports. I got it at very reason price. I have been using it the day I started boxing. I am sure it will long last.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesfranklin View Post
                  I am also fond of boxing. I started boxing training 6 months. I am living in UK and I brought my boxing gloves from this online shop AQF Sports. I got it at very reason price. I have been using it the day I started boxing. I am sure it will long last.
                  What brand?

Comment

Working...
                  X