Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casimero does seem like a real good bet at those odds. Can't see Edwards having enough experience or overall ability for that fight anytime soon.

At the moment there is are no odds on the KO yet, but I feel like Hugo Ruiz knocking out Hasegawa is a virtual dead cert so gonna check it closer to the time.

Comment

Casimero by KO was easy money. Wish I had put more on.

Also had a GGG ko/Casimero KO/Gonzalez win 3-way accumulator which came in.

Good weekend, but nothing massive. Im working my way back into this.

Ive got a small bet on Canelo winning on points next weekend @3-1. Canelo seems to be moving more and more towards being a boxer these days, and I reckon Smith will be tough enough to last the distance. Could easily see a body shot stoppage or ref stepping in though, so havent gone big

Comment

I've had success with this strategy in uncompetitive fights so I'll be throwing a bigger bet on Canelo by stoppage at under -200 to secure some profit plus smaller bets on a KO in specific rounds from 5 to 11 to nab a bigger win. I don't have as much faith as I had in my previous Canelo vs Khan & GGG vs Brook similar bets, but since I'm nicely up on those bets hitting I'll try a third time with this fight as I believe Liam Smith is taking a HUGE jump up in class, has nothing to keep Canelo off him or honest & I really don't see him NOT getting KO'd here unless the weight drain is really bad for Canelo.

Comment

I'm also probably going to throw some money on Glowacki to win at +240 over Usyk. I actually suspect Usyk is gonna be what many are claiming & will win, but this is a huge jump up in class & even if Usyk is all that & a bag of chips I think he could come up short vs a proven guy like Glowacki at this early (perhaps too early) point of his career & I tend to think this fight is more of a pickem fight than Usyk being the clear favorite so all things being even I gotta go with Usyk, but those odds scream Glowacki or pass & its no fun to pass.

Comment

This thread needs to be stickied or have its own section in the forum.

There's many posters on this forum that like odds and the betting side of Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'm also probably going to throw some money on Glowacki to win at +240 over Usyk. I actually suspect Usyk is gonna be what many are claiming & will win, but this is a huge jump up in class & even if Usyk is all that & a bag of chips I think he could come up short vs a proven guy like Glowacki at this early (perhaps too early) point of his career & I tend to think this fight is more of a pickem fight than Usyk being the clear favorite so all things being even I gotta go with Usyk, but those odds scream Glowacki or pass & its no fun to pass.
              Yeah i looked at that bet. I really havent seen enough of either man tbh. Ive seen Glowacki vs Huck and Cunningham and ive seen a few Usyk fights. Not enough for me to have a solid opinion on it, but it seems the odds are little wide. Glowacki is by far the most proven of the two and he looked good in his steps up.

Usyk has the x-factor though, so its just difficult to pick against him.

Gonna leave this one alone and just enjoy the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                Yeah i looked at that bet. I really havent seen enough of either man tbh. Ive seen Glowacki vs Huck and Cunningham and ive seen a few Usyk fights. Not enough for me to have a solid opinion on it, but it seems the odds are little wide. Glowacki is by far the most proven of the two and he looked good in his steps up.

Usyk has the x-factor though, so its just difficult to pick against him.

Gonna leave this one alone and just enjoy the fight
                Yea can't really argue with the bolded & I totally understand a pass here. And thats why I'm still in the "probably gonna bet on it" stage vs the "definitely gonna bet on it" stage. I guess I just think there is enough value here with Glowacki being discounted far too widely to be a long term profitable situation.

Comment

Didnt want to start a new thread. So let's continue here.
                  Ive started betting in April again. Won some good money on underdog Indongo and N'Dam. Lost by backing Klitscho and just recently Durodola. Won steady money on fights with lower odds.
                  I started with 200€ and sit currently on 523,9€.

Ive recorded all the odds since april. I dont know, if you are interested, but here is the list of underdogs winning:
                  In bold are the fights involving better known fighters.

Liam Williams Liam Smith 1,80 2,00

Maxime Beaussire Zakaria Attou 1,16 5,00

Scott Cardle Robbie Barrett 1,12 6,00

Ricky Burns Julius Indongo 1,44 2,75

Tyrone Nurse Joe Hughes 1,10 6,50

Ibeth Silva Esmeralda Moreno 1,44 2,62

Abraham Lopez Jesus M Rojas 1,53 2,50

Yuriorkis Gamboa Robinson Castellanos 1,04 11,00

Edis Tatli Francesco Patera 1,05 9,00

James Dickens Thomas Patrick Ward 1,53 2,50

Ryota Murata Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam 1,36 3,00

David Allen Lenroy Thomas 1,36 3,25

Lee Markham Joe Mullender 1,40 3,00

The Castellanos/Gamboa fight still haunts me. I was very close to put on a bet, but unfortunately didnt.

If you are confused by the odds, I use decimal numbers, you just need to multiply the wagers with the number
                  Last edited by asgarth; 06-03-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                    Didnt want to start a new thread. So let's continue here.
                    Ive started betting in April again. Won some good money on underdog Indongo and N'Dam. Lost by backing Klitscho and just recently Durodola. Won steady money on fights with lower odds.
                    I started with 200€ and sit currently on 523,9€.

Ive recorded all the odds since april. I dont know, if you are interested, but here is the list of underdogs winning:
                    In bold are the fights involving better known fighters.

Liam Williams Liam Smith 1,80 2,00

Maxime Beaussire Zakaria Attou 1,16 5,00

Scott Cardle Robbie Barrett 1,12 6,00

Ricky Burns Julius Indongo 1,44 2,75

Tyrone Nurse Joe Hughes 1,10 6,50

Ibeth Silva Esmeralda Moreno 1,44 2,62

Abraham Lopez Jesus M Rojas 1,53 2,50

Yuriorkis Gamboa Robinson Castellanos 1,04 11,00

Edis Tatli Francesco Patera 1,05 9,00

James Dickens Thomas Patrick Ward 1,53 2,50

Ryota Murata Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam 1,36 3,00

David Allen Lenroy Thomas 1,36 3,25

Lee Markham Joe Mullender 1,40 3,00

The Castellanos/Gamboa fight still haunts me. I was very close to put on a bet, but unfortunately didnt.

If you are confused by the odds, I use decimal numbers, you just need to multiply the wagers with the number
                    LOL yea right there with you on losing on Duro today. But that was a stupid line & idk how you pass that one up. Got a evenish fight if not a solid edge to the dog who won the first fight & its +250.

And yea haunted on that Gamboa fight to. Believe that was a +1500 or something like that. I was thinking about it, but I had another big dog that week, didn't hit, & didn't wanna over do it on the dogs & honestly suspected Gamboa would be Gamboa of old & come away with the W.

Won on a few others that you mention. The donger, N'dam, Smith, Ward & Lenroy.

Was thinking of effing with Markham & Smokin Joe last night, but opted out cuz I didn't think Smokin Joe would come through. Respect to him doe.

Comment

lookin at monoghan at 7/2 to beat marcus browne

and berchelt at 2/5 to beat miura

waiting for the ko odds for both fights

Comment

Working...
                      X