Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Promoter: Wilder Can't Be Delusional With 50-50 Demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT still amazes me how many people on this forum (I don’t really see it anywhere else) think Joshua is in anyway ducking wilder.

Joshua in around four years has fought numerous unbeaten fighters, became one of the youngest (in terms of fights) champions ever, beat other top10 contenders including quite arguably the best hw boxer of the last ten years; and is in line to have a second unification fight - all in such a short period.

Wilder on the other hand has had twice the fights with only really stiverne (1st time) you could even have an argument was of a world class level.

Put simply, Joshua hasn’t had time to duck anyone yet - when he fights two or three fringe fighters in a row you can argue it - but let’s say husband fights after Parker were Potvetkin, David Haye, Dillian Whyte and Tyson Fury - by the end of 2019 I still don’t think I could argue he’s ducking , he will just have taken on bigger fights in terms of popularity and financial pay-off. That’s not to say that will happen of course.

I think you can claim Joshua is ‘ducking’ if he ends up fighting (excluding mandatories) a three fight combo of say Pulev, Ortiz and Miller - something like that, until then the resume speaks for itself. Any one of them individually would be ok in my view though.

Both wilder and Joshua know there is more money in this fight when it’s build some more; it doesn’t matter from a uk side but in America both Joshua and wilder can be built up which regardless of split will increase both revenues. Until then the only way this fight happens is if 1) wilder reduces his % similar fashion to Parker 2) joshua is still willing to take a pay cut to continue his ‘legacy’

For clarification also - the reason financially he will get more from others is either the fight sells bigger and/or he will get a more higher split

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Thank you for your opinion. I'm going to assume, based on your opinion, that you have absolutely no experience negotiating fights and zero understanding of how this business works.

Wilder is a much bigger star than Parker, Wilder has the most valuable belt while Parker has the least valuable belt, and Wilder brings the US market to the table while Parker brings the New Zealand market to the table.

There is absolutely no doubt Wilder will get a better percentage than Parker.
      Can you shut up already? You are cringe worthy. Wilder isn't a star even in home Alabama. Parker is a star in New Zealand and probably have more fans worldwide than bird legs. Also stfu with Instagram fallowers, ppl fallow Windmill only to make fun of his stupid videos he's posting.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        WBC >>>>>>>>WBO

Just saying
        40 years ago, now WBC is a joke thanks to Wilder and his promotion.

Comment

When did they negotiate, lmao...!!!??? They haven't even started negotiations. Hearn is a scumbag and Joshua's stiff ass is a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
            Can you shut up already? You are cringe worthy. Wilder isn't a star even in home Alabama. Parker is a star in New Zealand and probably have more fans worldwide than bird legs. Also stfu with Instagram fallowers, ppl fallow Windmill only to make fun of his stupid videos he's posting.
            ****en loser alt in the Red K. Parker is a ****en glorified bum holding a fraud title. Wilder would beat the **** out of T-Rex arms.

Comment

Klitchko fight? Dude you must be very green when it comes to Wilder, he piss his pants when he was asked about Klitchko. They used to spar and rumours says that left Wilder traumatised for a long time, he would NEVER fight Klitchko. Please educate yours on that subject so we can have conversation in the future
              I admit I do not know much about this Wilder guy as I do with other boxers. Let's say you are right. My point is his resume and Joshua's are pretty much similar aside from one name. So even if you're right, him being traumatized has nothing to do with why they should'nt get 50/50. Wilders a solid knock out artist. Joshua, has been knocking people out. Wilders willing to go to UK. So what if he has 3 belts, like I said, belts mean nothing. They give those out to the highest bidder. Its about who've they fought and how they've been boxing most recently. And both have been performing pretty much the same. So to say 50/50 is a delusional request, it might be a business strategy, but we all know both these guys are pretty much on the same level.

What is the fuss about, just fight lol. You have a 50/50 split, you'll have "Home Court Advantage", you'll have 60k people in the stadium cheering for your side. What's the problem with knocking out Wilder real quick then if Joshua's so good? He has everything in his favor already, so if he's not scared, what is he just holding out for?
              money? Maybe, but if Wilder is not on his level, why not just book the fight, kick Wilder's ass, make the quick money and be on your way. That's how real boxers treat other boxers they don't feel are their equal. Wham, Bam, Thank you m'am.

Wilder might not seem like he has alot of fans, and he doesn't at the moment. But if he's our only heavyweight to root for, we'll stand behind this ****er when it comes time lol. Especially against these half ass champions the UK always produces.

Comment

Can you shut up already? You are cringe worthy.
                If my positions were faulty, you would be able to shut me up with facts instead of acting like a petulant child.

Wilder isn't a star even in home Alabama. Parker is a star in New Zealand and probably have more fans worldwide than bird legs.
                We have ways to track that. Easily verifiable public data. Which clearly shows you are 100% wrong. Parker does not have more fans worldwide than Wilder. Parker has 150,000 instagram followers and 60,000 twitter followers.

Wilder has 600,000 instagram followers and 240,000 twitter followers. Clearly, Wilder has 400% more fans than Parker does. You're just wrong. No matter how aggressive you are or how much name calling you spew. The facts don't support your premise.

Also stfu with Instagram fallowers, ppl fallow Windmill only to make fun of his stupid videos he's posting.
                That would still require knowing who he is and being so interested in him that you actively seek him out to vomit hatred. Which is something someone like you would actually do. But very few people would. So your premise is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  He's definitely more well known. 600,000 instagram followers vs 150,000. 240,000 twitter followers vs 60,000.
                  Doesn't really prove much, anyone can pull up arbitrary numbers and claim it means something it doesn't, for example Deontay Wilder 491K hits on google, Joseph Parker 3.54 mill hits on Google.

And even then whoever is more popular doesn't matter it's what each fighter brings to the table in regards to revenue and in this regard it's pretty similar as proven by my original post.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedForce View Post
                    I admit I do not know much about this Wilder guy as I do with other boxers. Let's say you are right. My point is his resume and Joshua's are pretty much similar aside from one name. So even if you're right, him being traumatized has nothing to do with why they should'nt get 50/50. Wilders a solid knock out artist. Joshua, has been knocking people out. Wilders willing to go to UK. So what if he has 3 belts, like I said, belts mean nothing. They give those out to the highest bidder. Its about who've they fought and how they've been boxing most recently. And both have been performing pretty much the same. So to say 50/50 is a delusional request, it might be a business strategy, but we all know both these guys are pretty much on the same level.

What is the fuss about, just fight lol. You have a 50/50 split, you'll have "Home Court Advantage", you'll have 60k people in the stadium cheering for your side. What's the problem with knocking out Wilder real quick then if Joshua's so good? He has everything in his favor already, so if he's not scared, what is he just holding out for?
                    money? Maybe, but if Wilder is not on his level, why not just book the fight, kick Wilder's ass, make the quick money and be on your way. That's how real boxers treat other boxers they don't feel are their equal. Wham, Bam, Thank you m'am.

Wilder might not seem like he has alot of fans, and he doesn't at the moment. But if he's our only heavyweight to root for, we'll stand behind this ****er when it comes time lol. Especially against these half ass champions the UK always produces.
                    The problem with what i've bolded is you're attributing sporting reasons to a business proposition. How good each fighter is and what their resumes are like have very little relevance when it comes to negotiating splits. The only thing that really matters when it comes to negotiating splits is how much money you can bring to the table. The more you bring in the more you can expect to earn, as is the case in most jobs.

In the heavyweight division there is only one man that can bring significant money to the table (Joshua) and thus he's going to get the majority of every pot he is involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      ****en loser alt in the Red K. Parker is a ****en glorified bum holding a fraud title. Wilder would beat the **** out of T-Rex arms.
                      Hey Windmill fangirl Try another post, use English coz I don't understand this gibberish

Comment

Working...
                      X