Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Lomachenko fans mad that Mikey Garcia isn't fighting Spence??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Lomachenko fans mad that Mikey Garcia isn't fighting Spence??

Hmmm this makes no sense to me. Mikey garcia moving up to 147 means that coming back down to 135 is unlikely. Mikey staying at 135 to actually defend his title is good news for a future fight at 135 against loma.

You guys should want mikey to stay in the division, not move up. Just a little food for thought, so instead of criticizing him for the decision you guys should applaud him.

Agreed, good for the prospects of that fight happening with him defending his LW belt.

Now, lets get Spence in with Porter early next year.

Comment

maybe because mikey himself said he rather fight spence over loma???????

"Mikey Garcia maintains his desire to fight Errol Spence Jr. over Vasiliy Lomachenko"

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
        maybe because mikey himself said he rather fight spence over loma???????

"Mikey Garcia maintains his desire to fight Errol Spence Jr. over Vasiliy Lomachenko"
        Weren't people like you also saying that Mikey was using Spence to duck Loma?????

You guys seem confused, so which one is it?

Comment

My problem is that it was clear he was just using Spence's name and I said as much and then predicted he'd take an easier fight. Things just don't add up with Mikey because when Lomachenko was at 130 he "called out" Loma who then moved up and beat the guy (Linares) Mikey called out and then declined to fight. Since then Mikey has said his future is at 147, stated no intention of wanting to be undisputed and has repeatedly shot down the idea of a Loma fight mainly due to issues with Top Rank.

I don't think people are mad they just see a pattern and are at a point with Mikey they are just tired of him shouting all these names only to take a much easier option.

I hope Loma-Mikey is next because it's one of the best fights but given Mikey's history it's unlikely and it's also unlikely he wants to fight Spence and I think this time next year Mikey will still be dropping names but not really doing much. There's got to be a point where you hold a guy accountable.

Comment

who's mad? do you really need to make a thread about "lomachenko fans" when in reality, it's probably 2 or 3 guys.

Comment

Nobody's mad. They were just pointing out that Garcia was full of crap and had no intention of fighting Spence. Troll harder next time.

I knew he wasn't gonna move up to fight Spence and I'm glad because Loma Garica would be a great matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                who's mad? do you really need to make a thread about "lomachenko fans" when in reality, it's probably 2 or 3 guys.
                Because some people's entire boxing fandom revolves around one or two fan bases and a handful of fighters based on the fanbases to talk about on a message board. It's more important to them than the sport.
                Last edited by chrisJS; 10-03-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  Weren't people like you also saying that Mikey was using Spence to duck Loma?????

You guys seem confused, so which one is it?
                  Well, is he fighting spence or loma? ...... exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Because some people's entire boxing fandom revolves around one or two fan bases and a handful of fighters based on the fanbases to talk about on a message board. It's more important to them than the sport.
                    even worse is they mostly create the narrative in their head, then look for posts to confirm it.

Comment

Working...
                    X