Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: What More Does Crawford Have to Do to Be P4P Number 1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward: What More Does Crawford Have to Do to Be P4P Number 1?

LAS VEGAS Andre Ward doesn't just view Terence Crawford as boxing's best welterweight after what Ward witnessed Saturday night. Ward considers Crawford the best boxer, pound-for-pound, in the sport. That distinction belonged to Ward when the former light heavyweight champion announced his retirement in September with an unblemished record (32-0, 16 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Slow down Ward he beat Jeff fking horn not one of top ww #1 p4p is still vacant if goes to anyone Lomachenko top consideration

Comment

I agree. Beating a guy when your the 10-1 favorite definitely makes you p4p #1

Comment

He’s a three-division world champion and, if I’m not mistaken, if I read it properly, he’s done it with the least amount of fights. And I think it’s like six or seven guys that are in that category. I think he’s done it in the least amount of fights.

Sounds like he's talking about Lomachenko there. Loma did it in 12 fights. Crawford in 33 fights. There's a difference there. Inoue's done it in 16, Fenech I believe did it in 19 (ESPN left these guys off for some reason), De La Hoya in 23 so I think Crawford would rate just ahead of Mayweather on that list at #5.

Crawford is clearly p4p material though and if he's not #1 he's #2 at the least. He's a great fighter entering his prime. Exciting.

Comment

He has to beat somebody good. Horn is ok win, but Horn is just a guy that got a gift decision against past prime Manny.

Horn`s resume is ****. I mean Thurman with wins against Porter and Garcia has better resume.

Comment

In other words, hey they handed me p4p no1 so why not crawford too?? What gives here?? world no1 is ezeeee

Comment

I don't see how ESPN ranks Golovkin above him.

Comment

Lol. So beating Horn is better than beating Linares? That some homeriffic stuff from Ward.

Comment

“I think the pound-for-pound fighter should not be the most popular. He should be the guy that fought the best competition and has beaten the best competition over an extended period of time. He’s a three-division world champion and, if I’m not mistaken, if I read it properly, he’s done it with the least amount of fights. And I think it’s like six or seven guys that are in that category. I think he’s done it in the least amount of fights.

“I mean, what more does he have to do? And he’s not running from the smoke. He’s not running from challenges. He’s asking for it.
                  all this fits lomachenko better, who should be the number 1 guy.

Comment

Have jim lampley, harold ledderman, fat rafeal, teddy atlas & joe tessitor say he's number one then the ignorant will follow....

Comment

Working...
                    X