Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to counter Floyd Mayweathers pull counter/leaning right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baldomir countered it as well, just throw the right after the jab

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
      Maidana baited an old floyd, there's a reason he never got countered in his prime when he did it, sounds simple in theory, but in actuality it's not.
      It's like saying "All you have to do to stop the 2000 Ravens defense is block the front 4 "
      Sounds simple, but no team is going to be able to pull that off
      Baldomir actually countered with with the same 1-2 Maidana used

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Baldomir actually countered with with the same 1-2 Maidana used
        There's a reason you can count on one hand the amount of times it was countered.

Easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          Maidana baited mayweatehr pull-counter out more than once.
          Off topic how did you score Canelo vs GGG 1 and GGG vs Canelo 2? I scored the first fight 116 to 112 for GGG and the 2nd fight 115 to 113 for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            There's a reason you can count on one hand the amount of times it was countered.

Easier said than done.
            true..............

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              Maidana baited mayweatehr pull-counter out more than once.
              If I have time I'll post gifs of Maidana tactics against Floyd - FAR underrated.

Floyd is ATG and I'm a huge fan, but no way he beats prime JCC or Duran

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Easier said than done.
                Yeah this. Floyd was special and he was a very active student in the ring...rarely making the same mistake twice. See Mosley round 2 and then 3-12. Shane tried that same combo and had 0 success again. See adjustments against Judah (using that weird cross defense that froze Zab up and let Floyd walk him down)

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Kid View Post
                  That lil big headed midget would get his a$$ spanked again Lmao
                  I was only joking FFS. I seriously doubt Pacquiao ever reads this board. The fact is if it was easy to counter Floyd's punch some of the many champions he fought would have done so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Kid View Post
                    That lil big headed midget would get his a$$ spanked again Lmao
                    You are allowed to say ass on here without dollar signs. Ass ass ass ass. See, it's OK to say ass.

Comment

It only works on guys that jab from the hip or opponents that throw lazy jab and don't bring it back to their face.

You gotta have a good situational mind of what you're doing and his distance to counter something like that. Lazy jabs are done somewhat unconsciously or out of fatigue.

I'd double the jab up, or shoot a 1-2. Even if it doesn't land it'll somewhat discourage him from trying that.

Comment

Working...
                      X