Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing scorecards be displayed live?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should boxing scorecards be displayed live?

It’s funny how boxing and mma are the only sports where the score is hidden from the competitors. I believe knowing who is winning changes the way you fight, and not knowing is a way for crooks to stage the results. I think it’s about time scorecards are made live. What do you guys think?

open scoring is an option. It's just never done/agreed upon for some reason.

You are right about guys changing their approach though. When Trout fought Canelo it was an open scoring fight. I had trout winning the fight but when he was told the score (they were told between the 4th and 8th) that he was losing BADLY (I think he was being shutout on the judges cards, something insane) he changed his entire approach looking for a KO

Comment

ive always been against it but im starting to think it might be needed. seems to be just guesswork what the judges are going to come up with a lot of the time, and not basing that just on last night. its got to a stage in boxing where people are actually more shocked when the scorecards are accurate

Comment

I understand he desire for open scoring and it makes sense, but I kinda enjoy getting to the end and it still being a question of how the fight will actually be scored.

Comment

No cause then guys will park the bus if they know they’ve won by the 10th round and just need to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            open scoring is an option. It's just never done/agreed upon for some reason.

You are right about guys changing their approach though. When Trout fought Canelo it was an open scoring fight. I had trout winning the fight but when he was told the score (they were told between the 4th and 8th) that he was losing BADLY (I think he was being shutout on the judges cards, something insane) he changed his entire approach looking for a KO
            That's the thing about scoring fights, it's subjective and open to interpretation, as long as it remains this way it will always be vulnerable to corruption when the house hedges its bets on their man.

Comment

So the crowd and fellow judges can effect the judges scoring? Stupid idea.

Comment

No. That would dictate the way fighters fight WAY too much, ala Trout vs Canelo

Comment

No.
                  That was experimented in the early 90's already.
                  Lou Duva had a fighter who was ahead ( Johnny Bumphus iirc ), and he was butted.
                  Lou insisted he couldn't continue. So, they went to the cards and JB won.

Comment

Yes I think it shouldbSed on judging lately

Comment

Working...
                    X