Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it's safe to say, Mayweather has probably the best defence in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't even know Robinson was supposed to be in that conversation but I have no problem with Floyd being considered #1 defense. He's the most focused, consistent, efficient defensive fighter I know.

Comment

• Floyd had it the best, easily

Comment

• Originally posted by who_necks View Post
        I just feel there's more he could have done to cement himself as one of the greatest.
        Mayweather is the #1 pound for pound fighter of all time according to Boxrec. How much more did you want him to do?

Comment

• People always hate Floyd but his peak was higher than sweet pea and his consistency over the past 30 years is unmatched even compared to atg like sugar ray, Hagler, Chavez.

If Floyds hands werent so brittle, Im sure he would have tko more fighters.

And Floyd has mastered multiple defensive postures all from orthodox.... Every single fighter he fought had a plan to beat him until Floyd showed them that its almost impossible to execute against him.
          You go too aggressive, he has the Philly shell.
          You want to box, he will put on a clinic.
          I'm trying to think of someone who out boxed Floyd ever. I've seen mosley rock him and Castillo was a good fight but can't name one fighter in Floyds Era that could have been him.

Seriously.... Who could beat Floyd at his prime p4p? Only Rjj for me and that's because you couldn't t win for Rjj offense. It was like a pitcher who throws 105 mph

Comment

• He has it all from a defensive standpoint.

He is quick and precise with his footwork
            He has insanely fast reflexes
            He is disciplined with keeping his chin tucked and his right hand up while he jabs
            He has the technical skills, like the shoulder roll and the clinch
            He is a punishing counter puncher even if his power is long gone
            He has the knowledge
            He doesn't get rattled

And when you actually do catch him with a good shot, his chin holds up. Ask Zab or Mosley.

Comment

• --- TUE best defense was the Vegas commish, USADA, and Bayless, Cortez, Byrd, ect along with his Vegas judges.

Seen him whooped too many times to think his def was any good unless you count running.

Comment

• Nobody could argue this

Comment

• If too much hugging and running is defense then i have to agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                    If too much hugging and running is defense then i have to agree.
                    Drug addict rapist poochio couldn’t get near him

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                      Drug addict rapist poochio couldn’t get near him
                      you're talking about floyd right? Drug addicts family, womwn beater etc... LMAO.

Relax bro. I'm just agreeing with u. Too much Hugging and running is part of his defense and floyd showed it in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X