No announcement yet.

For the U.K. Boxing Fans: What's the "Commonwealth Games?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the U.K. Boxing Fans: What's the "Commonwealth Games?"

I've been hearing a lot about this tournament on BBC (I try to avoid American media), and it seems like it's a pretty big deal "across the pond." Are there any boxers to look forward to seeing, and hows it going so far? I'm seeing the results, but what fights are the exciting fights to look out for?

It's like the special Olympics, but worse.

Comment

The new "no headgear" rule is in effect...so it is sort of like pro boxing..but with big azz gloves. Makes all bouts interesting IMO. Now you get to see cuts in amateur boxing...blood flowing, eyes swelling up etc.

Commonwealth Games take place once in 4 years just like the Olympics...it's just that the participants are the countries which were once under the British rule/empire (aka Commonwealth).

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
        The new "no headgear" rule is in effect...so it is sort of like pro boxing..but with big azz gloves. Makes all bouts interesting IMO. Now you get to see cuts in amateur boxing...blood flowing, eyes swelling up etc.

Commonwealth Games take place once in 4 years just like the Olympics...it's just that the participants are the countries which were once under the British rule/empire (aka Commonwealth).
        O.K... Now maybe we get to see some of the GRIT with these amateur boxers! It's all part of the boxing game, and it's better that these amateurs learn now than later if they plan to box professionally. Can't even call some of 'em "kids" anymore since some of these guys are in their mid to late 20s still boxing as amateurs.

Comment

Working...
        X