Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubrat Pulev vs. Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the interview, it seems like he's not satisfied with the $$$.

Comment

Kubrat pulev is the most avoided heavyweight right now.
      Thats a shame

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        From the interview, it seems like he's not satisfied with the pay-day.
        It's an excuse, he just doesn't want to lose.

He'd receive $50,000 from Sauerland plus whatever his own promoter paid him to fight Pulev.

If he won, he'd be the IBF mandatory and would receive a $1,000,000 + payday to fight Wlad on HBO.

No, he's afraid of losing to Pulev and that's why he responded so angrily when people tweeted him about it earlier today.

https://twitter.com/BYJennings

Comment

Jennings shouldn't let this fight slip from his fingers. Peterson got paid crumbs to fight Cayo in an IBF eliminator and that's how he got Khan.

Comment

I see Pulev-Jennings is on BoxRec.

BoxRec Boxing Records

Too good to be true? It's an EXCELLENT matchup between two bona fide world-class heavyweights.

Comment

i think jennings has a bit more talent. he's finally learning how to use it in a boxing ring. his last few fights have displayed pretty good offense for such a late starter. he's an insanely fast learner, which is easy to do when everything comes easy because of your talent.

that said, compared to pulev, a highly decorated amateur, jennings hardly knows how to box. there is no comparing the two in terms of experience.

i'm taking pulev. it should be a good fight, but i expect jennings to be in over his head late in the fight. i'm not sure about pulev's temperament with somebody with that kind of speed, so i'll be conservative and say that he won't press too much, and jennings will finish the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i think jennings has a bit more talent. he's finally learning how to use it in a boxing ring. his last few fights have displayed pretty good offense for such a late starter. he's an insanely fast learner, which is easy to do when everything comes easy because of your talent.

that said, compared to pulev, a highly decorated amateur, jennings hardly knows how to box. there is no comparing the two in terms of experience.

i'm taking pulev. it should be a good fight, but i expect jennings to be in over his head late in the fight. i'm not sure about pulev's temperament with somebody with that kind of speed, so i'll be conservative and say that he won't press too much, and jennings will finish the fight.
                If Jennings defeats Pulev, he'll greatly raise his profile in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                  If Jennings defeats Pulev, he'll greatly raise his profile in the USA.

with hardcore boxing fans, most definitely. pulev would be one of the best wins an american fighter has had in a while.
                  he should, and i hope you're right, but he may not get the credit among casuals. he might need a highlight reel kayo or war, something to that effect.

mainstream/casual fans, which are what the NBC sports [jennings network] are going for, don't know who pulev is, and probably wouldn't be able to differentiate his skills from the last guy jennings fought.

Comment

I'll pick Jennings to win a close decision. He needs a good performance to grow his international stock and I think he'll be as motivated as ever. Pulev's experience will come into play, and Jennings will have to prove if he has what it takes to overcome it.

Comment

So hopefully we'll likely know by the end of the week whether this fight is really going to happen or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X