No announcement yet.

Marquez threw a monkey wrench into Top Ranks plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez threw a monkey wrench into Top Ranks plans

I feel Pac/Marquez 3 was supposed to follow a specific script, and it goes like this:

Pacquiao pummels Marquez, batters him badly for 12 rounds to a wide unanimous decision. Pacquiao looks super human in this fight, which in turn would potentially sway Mayweather & Golden Boy to either back off their demands or completely avoid this fight completely (keep in mind: this is what Top Rank *hoped* would happen, I don't believe Mayweather/GBP would serve up this type of response regardless of how this Pac/JMM fight turned out).

But that's not what happened is it? This fight with Marquez has exposed what Manny Pacquiao truly is: A one-dimensional offensive fighter who struggles with boxers. And to many here, and around the world, on forums, in gyms, etc.. this isn't surprising. People who were picking Manny to KO Marquez "don't know **** about boxing" as I love to so eloquently put it

This fight has shaken Bob Arum down to his premium Prada shoes, and immediately has taken the Mayweather "Mega Fight" (or Mega Mismatch as I like to call it) off the table, instead giving the fans a fight they couldn't, almost unanimously, care less about

I'll bump this thread because I'm going to make a prediction right here: If Marquez ultimately decides to decline a 4th fight with Pacquiao, Arum will *not* match Pacquiao and Mayweather together as some sort of "second option". It will be either a catchweight 150lb fight with Sergio Martinez, a Timothy Bradley fight, a rematch with the winner of Cotto/Margarito II, or some other bull****

Mayweather/Pacquiao will not happen until both fighters are past their primes, which is truly unfortunate for us as fans.

What shocks me is how Arum and Roach could even think for one moment that Pacquiao would have the ability to "blow Marquez out of the water", or even have the nerve to believe he could knock Marquez out. These people are supposed to know boxing, ridiculous

Mayweather is way past prime already.

Comment

Not really, it just helps promote that HBO and boxing isn't always "Main star beats up other fighter" ****.

24/7 usually ends up the main star winning.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
        Mayweather is way past prime already.
        This is a correct assessment.

Comment

Working...
        X