Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props to GGG for slaying this giant

Comment

I found a couple rumors lately.

1: Rumor has it that Jacobs had a transfusion with Superman's blood serum. Which made him faster than a speeding Golovkin.

2: Kim Jong-un offered GGG his blood serum, Golovkin accepted, and took on
      Kim Jong-un's haircut for the fight.

Comment

Meh..it's done now.

They skipped the 2nd weigh-in. They had a plan, a weight in mind. I'm sure they hit their target.

Fight went ahead. one guy won, one guy lost. On to the next one for both guys.

Comment

He could be even 200 ,it doesnt matter ,he made weight when he needed

Comment

so no takers on how much ggg weighed fight night?????

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Lemieux previous two fights he missed weight and fought above 160. Why would it be a stretch to think a guy who hasn't made 160 in over a year was 180 on fight night? Luckily there was no drug testing for the fight or Lemieux may not have made weight
              Possibly. I didn't consider it worth making an issue of in either case (and neither did Stevens or Golovkin). A bit sneaky perhaps - but these guys are always gonna try to get any edge they can as long as the rules allow it. Myself I'm in favour of same day weigh ins for all fights, but as long as you have a situation with the different orgs each following different rules (both for weight and drug testing FWIW) there's gonna be wriggle room for those who chose to play the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Is it possible to rehydrate by 25 pounds within a 24 hour period? I really doubt that.
                Daniel Geale was unofficially 182 against Miguel Cotto in a 157 catchweight fight. But that was in his street clothes, so it was shy a bit from 25 lbs.

EDIT: Not that I think Danny Jacobs was 184 fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
                  The thing is, GGG didn't look bad. He just looked like he was competing. I don't get it with people. They say they want GGG to be tested in a fight, and he was, and came out on top, but that's not enough. It means he's exposed or he sucks or a bum or some bull****. Either you want him to get challenged or you don't. Cause when he ends up knocking Canelo or BJS or someone else it's gonna be "MAN HE NEEDS TO MOVE UP **** THESE PRETENDERS." This is proof people were waiting for Jacobs to get knocked out early so they can call him a bum. But he fought a great fight and if you're gonna give him credit, you have to give Triple G credit as well.
                  GGG didn't look good. People want him tested to see how good he is. Right now he's on Jacobs' level.
                  He was missing shots, off balance, getting tagged, power didn't really show,timid etc.

It is what it is,

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    Even the botherness from May Gym thought GGG outjabbed DJ mouth to a win.

They might struggle to speak clear english but they can watch a fight.

Jacobs landed the majority of the punches and made 666 miss a lot...666 hit harder in the fight but I cant just give you the round if you land 1 hard shot and the other guy is landing more than you, unless its a knock down.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Jacobs landed the majority of the punches and made 666 miss a lot...666 hit harder in the fight but I cant just give you the round if you land 1 hard shot and the other guy is landing more than you, unless its a knock down.
                      GGG obviously landed more.

Stats are going that way.

That jab popped DJ face all night long.

I think Jacobs missed more landing on the gloves.

Jacobs did very little damage on GGG face, he worked him to the body tough.

Comment

Working...
                      X