No announcement yet.

Obamas Secretary of Education

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    They aren't perfect, but if you look at the best school systems, you'll notice that all the top school systems in the world have strong teacher's unions.

You didn't say some of the problems earlier, btw. You repeatedly said they are the problem. Which they clearly aren't.
    So teachers and teachers unions are no problem at all? Not even a lil bit?

I'm not talking about the unions of the best school systems in the WORLD.

I'm talking about the teachers unions in america. All the American public school systems great? Because they're all union.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Oh look more pay for play lol

Did AddiX chime in yet
      I did months ago.

These fools don't want to learn nothing here, or see the country do well. They're tribal at this point, they only care about the republican party. they are going to watch the country get destroyed and watch their taxes sky rocket and watch all of their services disappear while waiving their trump pom poms. Completely brainwashed....

This **** wants to destroy public education, and use the money to fund for profit schools that wont teach science anymore and will instead teach bible bs.

We've known for months she paid her way into that position. These ******s don't care unless it's Hillary, they have no real values.pointless to talk to them.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          I did months ago.

These fools don't want to learn nothing here, or see the country do well. They're tribal at this point, they only care about the republican party. they are going to watch the country get destroyed and watch their taxes sky rocket and watch all of their services disappear while waiving their trump pom poms. Completely brainwashed....

This **** wants to destroy public education, and use the money to fund for profit schools that wont teach science anymore and will instead teach bible bs.

We've known for months she paid her way into that position. These ******s don't care unless it's Hillary, they have no real values.pointless to talk to them.
          When did the religious wackos start not teaching evolution anyway?

I think it's so weird.

I went to Catholic and protestant schools and we studied evolution.

"Bible says God created everything in a week. Evolution is a lie. Man lived with the dinosaurs! I saw a historical documentary on it called the flintstones!"

Wtf???

Comment

Poor choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              I thought complaints about the teachers unions was pretty commonly known?

Even by those who disagree?

If u don't think the teachers unions isn't at least a part of the problem.....

With tenure, bad teachers are hard to get rid off.

Unions also dictate that teachers are laid off based on length of service.

If you're a good teacher but new, you will be let go before a bad teacher that's been there a long time.

Teachers unions oppose policies that try to fix the problems with schools too. I.e. testing protocols, performance based school gradings, etc.

Teachers unions also spend a lot of money politically. What the teachers want doesn't necessarily mean what is best for the school or students.

Those are just some of my objections about the unions.

But its ok. Just pretend I have no reason to blame the teachers unions for some of the schools problems.

Your common complaints have been commonly dismissed.

Bad teachers exist. Theres not enough of them for them to be the reason that public schools at large arent up to par.

Theres tons MORE teachers that have to deal with overcrowed classes, disinterested parents, kids coming in from bad home enviorenment, kids coming to class hungry, having to keep the troublemakers in school, lack of material, lack of resources, lack of support for kids with learning disabilities, lack of funding...

Now most of those challenges arent there in private schools. They are different worlds so its real easy to point the finger at the teachers, but its also shortsighted.

Take the best teachers and give them those conditions. They will only be able to do so much. They dont want the school to be graded on the kids scores because they do not believe they have the tools to maximize the kids potential.

And you are gotdamn right the unions spend alot of money politically. Every union does. They have real needs on a personal and professional level.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                So the unions don't have a big influence on our education policies?

Hmmmm....

Somebody should tell them cause they spend a ton of money donating to local and national politicians.
                Again mate you're simply misinformed. My guess is you watched some documentary probably Waiting for Superman and were erroneously taught to believe UFT is bad and charter schools are the answer. They're not.

You complain about the fact they influence policy but in reality you couldn't name one policy they influenced without going into Google. Most of the policy by the way is geared at protecting it's teachers from unfair treatment, harassment from parents, and proper compensation. Geared at helping us keep teachers so that they don't quit after 3 years. It's easy to turn on the news and hear about how another teacher is again accused of sexual abuse and the evil union defending him, but you never hear about the thousands who are wrongly accused everyday. The thousands who are harassed constantly by chopper parents. That doesn't make the news unfortunately.

While there are a few things I would disagree with the union on, they're far from being as you stated the problem in education.

Comment

Originally posted by STEELHEAD View Post
                  not everyone can afford to send kids to charter school.
                  Which is why we need vouchers. It solves that problem.

Originally posted by STEELHEAD View Post
                  and a number of charter schools are backed by religious and political groups that spread their own one sided agendas
                  What's your point?

Education should be up to the parents, not the Government. If a parent likes a religious or political school, that's their choice, isn't it?

Comment

So we all agree the teachers unions are to blame?

Good.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Which is why we need vouchers. It solves that problem.

What's your point?

Education should be up to the parents, not the Government. If a parent likes a religious or political school, that's their choice, isn't it?
                      Nope.

The benevolent teachers unions filled with underpaid, oppressed, undersupported angelic teachers oppose vouchers.

Comment

Working...
                      X