No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao ATG status declining?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    your fav boytoy floyd will be gone someday too. great lmao. with that resume? you usually want to leave something lasting that people will look fondly back at with pride not a steaming pile of sh-it. oh well
    What tf are you talking about? Why are you talking about dying? This is a boxing thread WEIRDO!

Comment

If he keeps going and keeps losing then yeah, it does kind of hurt it. I get the argument that he is clearly past his prime by years, as were guys like Roy, Evander, Morales, Toney, etc., but when you see great fighters slow, human, and losing its the last thing you see and remember. I think its especially true for freaks of nature like Roy and Manny. They each had runs where they looked unbeatable possibly by any man near their weight in history. Seeing them struggle along as a shell for years makes it much easier to dismiss them as gifted but matched wisely.

Comment

Did Roberto Duran or Ray Leonard's ATG status decline because they hung on too long? A boxer whose considered an ATG in his prime doesn't lose that status because his skills declined as he aged.

Comment

Floyd's reputation tarnished when he took 10 rounds to stop non boxer

Comment

If thats the case then RJJ is a complete bum .. You can't take away someone's greatness. Guys fight on way too long, that's never gonna change.

Comment

Boxing is about who you beat not the random losses at the end of your record.

Pac has wins over prime ATG's he'll be fine.

Comment

His status was exaggerated based on the run he had between 09-11 and now it's corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

Pac has wins over prime ATG's he'll be fine.
                  Who????

Maybe MAB but it's arguable if he is ATG

Comment

Nah, I think his legacy's in tact. I mean, he's taking on Matthysse. A loss to him isn't going to tarnish anything, but that's if Pac loses and I can definitely see him winning.

Comment

Nah not really. Plenty of great fighters fight well past their prime. When people talk about Pacquiao's career 30 years from now the're not going to care that he lost to Jeff Horn.

Comment

Working...
                      X