No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis in 95 vs. Riddick Bowe in 92

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
    I always pictured it to be similar to Bowe vs. Golota but more brutal.
    if Golota could keep his fists up he wins both fights. They were both such one sided fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      Lewis beats Bowe any day of the week, any year.
      This ^^^^.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        This ^^^^.
        Lewis beats Bowe even today, have you seen Bowe recently? He's in even worse shape than he was during his career, yes it's possible!

Comment

Lewis, and in dominant fashion, unless he gets caught by a lucky punch.

Although I didn't really like him that much as a person, he is a Top 3 ATG in my book. H2H, he may even be No. 1 - at least I can't think of any fighter that I would clearly favour against Lewis in his prime.

Comment

I think Lennox Lewis’ prime was closer to 96-98.

And I don’t know where people get this idea that he couldn’t fight on the inside. Watch his battle versus Mercer.

Lennox would outjab Bowe. And he was faster and more powerful. I think he takes the fight to him and stops him in the mid to late rounds.

Comment

Bowe with Eddie Futch beats Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
                Which version of each wins? I still say Lewis's jab would be a nightmare for Bowe and I think he's the harder puncher.
                I picked Bowe.

Mercer was good, but he was never a world beater and Lennox fought a razor close fight with him. Bowe from 92' which is Holyfield 1, gets him. Lewis started having tank problems already. Add to the fact that Lennox had been smoked by McCall, this fortifies my pick.

I actually think the 92' liter version of Lennox has a better chance at beating Bowe. He was much more nimble in 92' than he was in 95'.

Comment

The Bowe from the first Holyfield fight would beat Lewis pre Manny Steward, after he got with Manny it would be curtains for Bowe.. That was probably the best Bowe we ever saw, maybe the fight before that with the South African. Bowe never had the disipline to be a great but he had all the tools. Lewis wanted it more and thats why he is the best HW of that era.

I had to go with Lewis, there was just a small window in time Bowe had a shot at beating him.

Comment

Working...
                  X