No announcement yet.

Could a trainer save Ruslan's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a trainer save Ruslan's career?

Been thinking about this, and honestly other than having an epiphany overnight, he needs someone else in his corner

Posting a poll w/ some options
    Abel Sanchez
    33.33%
    Robert Garcia
    25.93%
    John David Jackson
    7.41%
    Nacho Beristain
    11.11%
    Joel Diaz
    0.00%
    Dan Birmingham
    0.00%
    Kenny Porter
    0.00%
    Freddie Roach (No Change)
    18.52%
    Other (Post in comments)
    3.70%

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    Been thinking about this, and honestly other than having an epiphany overnight, he needs someone else in his corner

Posting a poll w/ some options
    Like I said, I was rooting 4 Lucas but what stood out to me, was the extent of Ruslan's raw talent. It is immense! Beristain could teach him both combo punching and defense. I wish the kid the best.

Comment

I doubt a different trainer would make a difference. You can't train a pitbull to be a hawk.

Comment

I didn't vote because you didn't include the option "nobody" assuming that everyone thinks that Provo's carreer can be rescued. No it's not, guy has four losses took tons of punishment, he must his brain damadged in the last two years. No need for this guy to continue his carrer, if he will do he will do it as a gatekeeper.

Comment

I don't know that it would matter as he doesn't seem to listen to his corner. He's clearly got more ability than he lets on, he just doesn't seem to have the ability to follow a gameplan or adapt.

Comment

r

Unlikely at this stage.

I think he's an overachiever as it is. He was an ESPN caliber fighter for years, then Bradley decided to fight him which at the time no one took seriously but Ruslan made the best of it and nearly fought himself to a draw. He's really been living off that performance since.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
              I didn't vote because you didn't include the option "nobody" assuming that everyone thinks that Provo's carreer can be rescued. No it's not, guy has four losses took tons of punishment, he must his brain damadged in the last two years. No need for this guy to continue his carrer, if he will do he will do it as a gatekeeper.
              i put freddie (no change)

edit: i guess you were looking for a "He needs to retire right now." option, sorry

Comment

Definitely not kenny porter

Shawn doesn't throw many straight punches

I would like to think roach tried teaching him to jab, body punch and head Movement

But quite frankly he didn't display those vs Lucas

Maybe he just resorted back to what he normally does because of his cut and there's an old saying "once you get hit all that goes out the window and you go back to your habits"

How about Virgil hunter?

Or Robert garcia- he always seems to get his fighters to throw a good jab

Comment

i put freddie (no change)
                  Does the no change option mean that Roach will actually give Ruslan undivided attention and actually make it to one of his fights? I htink he deserves a full camp with a real trainer,not an assistant before considering retirement.

Comment

Nacho can!

Prov needs to get him a nice apartment in the Del Valle and a moso to drive him to the gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X