No announcement yet.

would a prime mattysse beat valero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would a prime mattysse beat valero

I was reading a th red on here earlier about Valero. Obviously style make fights but would be intrigued on your views on this. I love the Argentines style and was a fan of Valero before the personal issues. So who do you think would win

Great fight. Valero should win on heart but that's never a given with Matthysse power.

Comment

valero would have destroyed him

Comment

Two great punchers but Matthysse was a bigger man and therefore a bigger puncher. If they were exactly the same size I would give Valero the edge to win by KO. Valero fought at 130 and never over 135 while Matthysse is a big 140 pounder. Valero was knocked down and hurt by fighters who didn't hit with Mathysse's power. Valero had a reckless, charge in style that would have left him open to Matthysse powerful, accurate combinations. Valero had more heart but heart wouldn't save him from being knocked out in my opinion mainly because of the size difference.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Two great punchers but Matthysse was a bigger man and therefore a bigger puncher. If they were exactly the same size I would give Valero the edge to win by KO. Valero fought at 130 and never over 135 while Matthysse is a big 140 pounder. Valero was knocked down and hurt by fighters who didn't hit with Mathysse's power. Valero had a reckless, charge in style that would have left him open to Matthysse powerful, accurate combinations. Valero had more heart but heart wouldn't save him from being knocked out in my opinion mainly because of the size difference.
          i would not call Matthysse a big 140 he was smaller than chino who if he wasnt such a fat ass would have stayed at 140 longer

Comment

For as crazy as Valero wss and for all the hype about his punching power, he was a pretty Phenominal technical boxer.

I don't think Valero Would of had any trouble with lucas.

It really is too bad we never got the Valero paquiao fight top rank was planning. Valero would of played an awesome bad guy.

Comment

Crazy fight. It's hard to say with Valero as his level of competition never rose above Antonio DeMarco. Matthysse is very heavy-handed and generally well up for a fire fight. Would have been great.

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
                Great fight. Valero should win on heart but that's never a given with Matthysse power.
                He said prime Matthysse. Which prime version of Matthysse showed lack of heart?

Comment

Valero would have murdered mytthese.

Comment

Thread already showing the ignorance of many.

1. Matthysse was proven at top level
                    2. Matthysse is a bigger man

Matthysse wins...probably by KO if Valero just comes forward as typical.

Comment

Working...
                    X