Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM vs Broner, at 140.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM is an ATG but Broner is legit. I think JMM will beat him right now but the dude is 40 and there will be some point within the next year or so that Broner will be able to beat him. I dont really want to see it because it kind of sucks seeing a guy who is that old and naturally smaller loosing to someone you know he was better than in his prime.

I think JMM should retire rather than fight broner.

Comment

Broner by 9 round TKO.......I'm sold on Broner

Comment

If you guys are trying to compare Floyd vs Marquez with Broner vs Marquez then you are seriously wrong.

Floyd was a lot more experienced, with a better defense and technique, and also made Marquez move from 135 to 144 for the first time in his career, and even then Floyd went over the limit and was 146.

Broner is not even close to be on Floyd's level, he's a lot easier to hit and has never faced an experienced fighter like JMM. Also Marquez is now used to be above 140, he's in way better shape with more speed and power at that weight.

And for those who think that Broner hits harder than Floyd, do you also think he hits harder than Pacquiao? Because from that 3rd fight with Pac I can say that Marquez is able to take those shots.

Comment

I see Broner winning, although if Marquez is on the backfoot counterpunching I could see him winning. Marquez really can't fight as the aggressor.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
            Marquez really can't fight as the aggressor.
            He wouldn't have to. Broner's defence isn't good enough for him to sit back like Floyd.

Age would be the biggest factor for Marquez. Broner doesn't really force the pace but Marquez, for all his technical ability, has to start losing that explosiveness in his counter-punching pretty soon.

Comment

I think people overrate JMM because of the Pacquiao fight. Styles make fights. JMM hasn't fought any good competition outside of Mayweather/Pac in a long time. I think we'd see JMM KO'd for the first time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy2g3 View Post
                I think people overrate JMM because of the Pacquiao fight. Styles make fights. JMM hasn't fought any good competition outside of Mayweather/Pac in a long time. I think we'd see JMM KO'd for the first time ever.
                I don't think Juan Manuel Marquez could ever be described as 'overrated'.

Comment

Broners shell defense will be no match for jmm he will sit back and pop broner all night long I wouldn't be surprised if this fight played out like jmm vs Juan Diaz. Broner is relying heavily on outweighing his opponents lets see him fight a naturally same size or bigger fighter then we will see. Until that time it remains to be seen. Classic case of berto if u ask me

Comment

I'm not sure. Difficult fight to call.

At first glance, I want to say Broner does the same thing Floyd did, but I know that's just flat out wrong because Broner doesn't have the speed or power Mayweather has at that weight.

This is a fight where I seriously can't call right now.

Comment

I think it's a bad style matchup for Marquez. Broner UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X