Clear All

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    What's the boxing today?
    The boxing today is fabulous

Comment

• What weight division?

I know it's the SHW tomorrow.

Comment

• Back to judo, Xu of China has just defeated Joung of Korea in the first semi-finals of the women's 63 kg division by yuko, based on penalties. It was an uneventful match, but for the Chinese fighter it was enough to get the W and advance to the finals. The Korean fighter will now battle for one of the bronze medals (there are 2 bronzes in most combat sports) against Emane of France. On the other side of the consolation bracket, Japan's Ueno awaits the loser of the upcoming match between Mongolia and Slovenia.

And now one of the matches I've been waiting for, the Mongolian and the Slovenian for the right to fight for the gold medal.

Comment

• And the Slovenian is through, winning by ippon about midway through regulation by a ouchi-gari throw (major inner leg reap). She's the sure favorite in my mind to win the gold heading into the final match. This is her 3rd Olympics, and she is a bronze medalist from 2004. Great story if she manages to win gold in what is perhaps her final Olympics.

Comment

• Japan's Nakai has just defeated Brazilian world #1 Guilheiro in the first Repacharge. He'll contend for the first bronze medal against the loser of the later semi-finals match between the competitors from Korea and Russia.

Now the second repacharge, Canada vs Argentina.

Comment

• And the Canadian is through. He's looked great all day. He will face the loser of the USA vs Germany semifinal for a bronze medal.

Now up, Russia vs Korea. The Korean has to be considered a big favorite for this match up. But never count out the Russians.

Correction, USA vs Germany is up first.
              Last edited by Drunken Cat; 07-31-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• 15 seconds in, we have blood time. The American was cut around the eye.

Comment

• More blood time. This is one of the scrappiest fights I've ever seen. There was a minute where you almost expected punches to start flying.

Comment

• Golden score.

Comment

• Judges decision. To me, the American Travis Stevens has it hands down, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                      X