No announcement yet.

I thought you guys wanted GGG to move to 168 to 'test himself'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    Opinions and situations change with time. What once was yesterday can be completely different today.

160 just acquired two talented names, 168 has lost several to retirement or the 175 division. Of course a subjective opinion will be or can be swayed with even the smallest of change.
    Exactly. Sadly, people with that rigid mindset are also in positions of power in this country but that's another topic.

Comment

Why was Khan a business fight but Brook wasn't?

Comment

Why was Brook too small, then suddenly wasn't?

Comment

I saw one poster joke about it.

Can you mention other posters who don't want GGG to move up to 168, excluding Kigali?

Comment

Why is Ward a coward for not signing a rematch immediately but Golovkin isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I saw one poster joke about it.

Can you mention other posters who don't want GGG to move up to 168, excluding Kigali?
              Right now, all posters doesn't want GGG to move up. But a month ago half of them wanted GGG to move up like Red Foxx, Motorcity Cobra, LOLFER, JDS4 etc. etc.

Comment

Move up to 168 for what exactly? Who's he going to fight there? Ward is gone. Badu Jack is gone. What's left @ 168lbs? The only real fights that matter are the Jacobs rematch, the likely Charlo mando and Canelo.
                Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 03-25-2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I don't see GGG leaving the MW division any time soon,...or within the next two years at least. The Fact that Charlo and Canelo are moving up is enough to keep the title defenses and lucrative money fights rolling in. Saying GGG is now thinking about moving up to avoid the charlos and canelos is about as dumb as saying the canelos and charlos are moving up to avoid newer up and comers in their respective divisions. That's fanboy/hater based fodder. GGG has too much going for him to upset the balance. He will stay the course and clean out the MW division as the unified MW champ. That's the plan he has had since the very beginning, and he is well on his way to doing so now.

Comment

I don't see him moving up any time soon, realistically speaking. I suspect the Alvarez fight would take place next year, most likely in May. Lemieux is most likely Saul's next fight after Chavez. GGG is fighting Saunders next.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Right now, all posters doesn't want GGG to move up. But a month ago half of them wanted GGG to move up like Red Foxx, Motorcity Cobra, LOLFER, JDS4 etc. etc.
                      I didn't know there were posters that actually didn't want him to move up now.

I would love to see that, although those posters can rest assured, that's not going to happen. I'm interested in Golovkin vs DeGale, a fight between two Olympic Gold medalists. GGG vs Ramirez, Jack, the Dirrell's, Abraham (as a testing the waters fight). At 160 I just want to see GGG vs Canelo, Charlo, Jacobs II and that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X