NASA finds 7 Earth like planets orbiting one star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Those planets cannot support complex life.

They should be looking at star systems like 61 Virginis, HD 172051, 72 Herculis, and Beta Canum Venaticorum.

Comment

It's interesting how close those 7 planets are together and how close they all are to the star. The star isn't nearly as hot as our sun, so that's why they can support life possibly and be that close.

Also interesting that some if not all seven are tidally locked, meaning they orbit the sun like our moon orbits us, so that one side is always facing us (dark side of the moon we never see). I wonder how much that would decrease the chances of life or advanced life though...if one side of the planet never faces the star.

It always amazes me how much data they can get and how they can even gather information on whether not the planet, in this case 40 lightyears away, has an atmosphere and what it contains and in some cases even able to determine the planets color without actually "seeing" it. It's times like this I'm reminded just how advanced human minds truly are and how far we've come. Refreshing considering the toxic news of current events that makes it seem like we're not so far from barbarism.

It also saddens me a little in the sense that we should be spending so much more on space exploration, and that it sucks that NASA is effected so much by president adminstrations. The things NASA does takes a lot of time, so it makes little sense that every 4-8 years the current Adminstrations changes goals, so if NASA is working for one thing that will take 10-15 years and a lot of resources, that could change by the next adminstration.

Eventually we will need to colonize our solar system and beyond and the sooner we start to do that then our survival of our species will be guaranteed to continue. As it is now, all of our eggs are in one basket which makes you wonder how many other advanced species were out there that never made it to space colonization and went extinct right as they were learning the technology to do so. The Great Filter and all that.

Comment

Anytime some random faggot steps up to me, you can always count on szef ready to jump on their nuts lol

He's the kind of guy that was born to suck dick.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              It's interesting how close those 7 planets are together and how close they all are to the star. The star isn't nearly as hot as our sun, so that's why they can support life possibly and be that close.

Also interesting that some if not all seven are tidally locked, meaning they orbit the sun like our moon orbits us, so that one side is always facing us (dark side of the moon we never see). I wonder how much that would decrease the chances of life or advanced life though...if one side of the planet never faces the star.

It always amazes me how much data they can get and how they can even gather information on whether not the planet, in this case 40 lightyears away, has an atmosphere and what it contains and in some cases even able to determine the planets color without actually "seeing" it. It's times like this I'm reminded just how advanced human minds truly are and how far we've come. Refreshing considering the toxic news of current events that makes it seem like we're not so far from barbarism.

It also saddens me a little in the sense that we should be spending so much more on space exploration, and that it sucks that NASA is effected so much by president adminstrations. The things NASA does takes a lot of time, so it makes little sense that every 4-8 years the current Adminstrations changes goals, so if NASA is working for one thing that will take 10-15 years and a lot of resources, that could change by the next adminstration.

Eventually we will need to colonize our solar system and beyond and the sooner we start to do that then our survival of our species will be guaranteed to continue. As it is now, all of our eggs are in one basket which makes you wonder how many other advanced species were out there that never made it to space colonization and went extinct right as they were learning the technology to do so. The Great Filter and all that.
              This was a very good post and I agree. We could be much farther along now if NASA wasn't so locked into what administration wants to spend/research

Think I read somewhere that the Chinese want to hit Mars by 2025 or something like that. I think they are sending some people to the moon soon also.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
                I'd be willing to go Gears of War on some Aliens....
                They would fck us up bro unless we learn serious inside fighting.

Seen the reach advantage on these kunts

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  gather support and justify the expense. the amount of money it takes to conduct that kind of research is insane. space exploration budgets went way the hell down after the cold war. space is really only important if you can use it to kill russians.
                  No way man, we learn so much from all of this. Plus, our survival of our entire species depends on space exploration. It's essential that we continue to learn as much as possible, as quickly as humanly possible, so that we can start colonizing our own solar system and hopefully behond.

I know it's hard for many people to look past our own lifetimes and that looking beyond that seems pointless and so far away, but really it isn't far away at all. 1969 we landed on the moon and the first man flew an airplane in 1903. In such a short amount of time technology has advanced at such a rapid pace. In 50 years we will likely have walked on Mars possibly a couple of times and 50 years after that it's possible colonies will be living on Mars! Think about how amazing that is and what it means for mankind. The more we learn about exoplanets the faster we can advance which ultimately will continue our species existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Those planets cannot support complex life.

They should be looking at star systems like 61 Virginis, HD 172051, 72 Herculis, and Beta Canum Venaticorum.
                    How could NASA be so dumb!

Multi billion dollar projects and 50 years of dedicated research and technological breakthroughs and all along the answer was on a boxing forum occupied by chronic masturbating men.

I will forward your post to info@NASA.gov immediatley kunt!

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                      They would fck us up bro unless we learn serious inside fighting.

Seen the reach advantage on these kunts

**** you're right. Basically getting invaded by an army of Paul Williams.

Comment

Working...
                      X