Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza: Gervonta Davis is a Cheap Copy of Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good fight between up coming contender and a top champion! Classic style match up as well! Inside fighter vs the rangy boxer on the outside!..

Hopefully Tank's coach got him to work on setting traps and how to cut off the ring much better cuz Sniper has solid footwork and will be moving a lot!

Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
      Porter just had a close fight with the undefeated, inimitable Thurman. Result would have gone either way. Pedraza is nothing like Thurman.
      I didn't say Pedraza was anything like Thurman.

Comment

Erm...they're nothing alike.

Comment

He doesnt remind me at all of Floyd but I figured out who he reminds me of, especially when he throws his combinations which are a full assortment. He doesnt have the angles or speed of a young Camacho but a little bit of those combinations mixed with a southpaw version of Mosley. Also a little bit of a younger Broner when Broner used to unleash more at 130 and tilted back. He has to keep a cool head and not get over excited and walk into something at these higher levels. Fun to watch. Wind him up and let him go.

Comment

Actually, Davis doesn't try to copy Mayweather which is a GOOD THING! That style is not for everybody! Also it is a style and runs in his family, Floyd Sr was using the Shoulder Roll vs Ray Leonard so he likely taught his son those Defensive Tricks very early since he was child.

So no, nobody is going to learn the Shoulder Roll or all that stuff later in their careers and do it as good. Davis comes forward and he tries to land with his Power

Comment

Nothing like Floyd except they're both black.

Comment

This makes me think that Pedraza hasn't seen Gervonta fight and that's a problem because if he expects to see a Floyd like fighter in the ring, he would be surprised.
                Now, i don't know if he talks about the way Gervonta carries himself, so that would make sense.

Comment

Gervonta doesn't fight like Floyd at all

Gervonta by KO

Comment

Southpaw Broner is what I thought or dare I even say Berto? Remember when he turned southpaw vs Guerrero?

Either way I don't see the hype. I think he needs a new team as there is some raw natural, athletic talent there but he just isn't making the most of it.
                    He has no jab, no feints or drawing leads he relies on closing distance by lunging in, everything he throws is at full speed so that automatically brings his stamina into question - he has no idea how to pace himself, his defense is horrible.
                    Certainly going to have to show me an awful lot more than he has to win this fight. Pedraza is legit IMO I'm very impressed with him and think he's one of the most underrated boxers out there.

I expect he'll look good early on, he has a speed advantage but as it goes on Pedraza's class & experience will show and he'll pick Davis apart.

Comment

I dont think he meant stylewise but trash talkin... however pedraza is gonna give him a boxin lesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X