No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez : "I'm number 2 P4P behind Floyd, Pacquiao is not top 5"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    ok if you think that Pac beat Bradley then he clearly lost to JMM he didnt win both
    so lets get technical and say the truth
    he beat JMM and lost to bradley
    you lose your most recent fight to a fighter not in the top 5 P4P and you are out of the top 5 yourself
    lol at this rule..

one was close the other was not..common f0cking sense

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
      You can't be number 2 with Martinez's recent fight history.
      Yeah, you're right

Martinez' last 4 fights:

4-0....... 3 KO's, 1 TKO

Combined opponent record coming into the fights:

127-4-0

Your case just got thrashed!

Comment

I like Sergio a lot but the comment about Pac was pretty stupid. I hate it when people let their emotions speak in their rankings. Just man up and give credit where it's due.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Martinez has been KO'ing all of his opponents in great fashion lately. Great wins in Pavlik, Williams, and Dzinziruk. Should have a win over Cintron. And solid stoppages over Macklin and Barker. Guy's earned his spot.

Pacquiao hasn't looked good in a fight since the Cotto fight back in 2009. Looked like crap against Shane, should have lost to Marquez, and has an offical loss to Bradley. I mean I don't really see what's there to understand here bro, my two cents of course.
          Pavlik, no way was he top 20 p4p. Dz, not p4p top 100. Great wins, lol. Barker, Macklin are worse than anyone Pac has fought in a long time, between the two they'll be lucky to get a hold of a paper belt some day. Add it all up, Martinez is careerwise 2-1 against p4p top100 opp, with one of the wins straight out of rehab.

How did Pac look like crap vs Mosley? Won all rounds, dropped him, had him running. How did FMJ and Canelo do on that account? How about Margarito, Pac looked bad there? And when did he ever look good against JMM?

And why are you giving Sergio Cintron (another great one lol), and not Pac Bradley?

Comment

ok if you think that Pac beat Bradley then he clearly lost to JMM
            he didnt win both
            so lets get technical and say the truth
            he beat JMM and lost to bradley
            you lose your most recent fight to a fighter not in the top 5 P4P and you are out of the top 5 yourself
            Well he clearly beat the great bradley, as most experts will tell you anything from 11 rounds to at least 2 if your being generous to bradley.

As for JMM it was a close fight which many thought JMM won and vice versa.

Comment

I don't know about pacquiao being that low, but he did lost the 2nd spot when he lost to Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Well he clearly beat the great bradley, as most experts will tell you anything from 11 rounds to at least 2 if your being generous to bradley.

As for JMM it was a close fight which many thought JMM won and vice versa.
                bro you cant argue this. You have no leg to stand on
                are you talking about the same experts that had JMM beating manny? and it wasnt even close
                just do yourself a favor and call it like it is in the books
                he beat JMM and lost to Bradley
                I came to deal with Pac JMM 3 and I have a better case than you do in Bradley.
                Bradley never got frustrated and never looked defeated
                in Pac and JMM after 3 rounds pac had lost his step and his confidence. He would walk back to his corner with his head and shoulders down
                Pacs body language said it all in that fight

but like I said I got over it so you need to as well

Comment

I dont think Pac is top 5 most days... Generally, the only people ahead of you are people who can beat you. Is Pac p4p better, at this time..than Floyd? No, so he's at two by default. Better than Martinez? Most people think not anymore, so he drops again. Better than Ward? Definitely not, down he goes again. Better than Marquez? Depends who you ask..so thats already up to debate. Better than Donaire? Depends who you ask... Better than the K bros? Imo, yes. People really only think Ward and Floyd could beat Serg p4p, so I dont see anything wrong with his statement. You dont here anybody else saying stuff when Rigo says he is #1 p4p and number 2 lol.

Anyway, Pac isnt number 2 p4p..But I wouldnt comfortably say Martinez is number 2 either. 2 is in limbo.

I also wouldnt read too much into Dawson-Ward ratings from him. He admires Bernard so of course he'd say Dawson.

Hell why do we care what he says? We should be wondering why he didnt do the normal thing and call himself number 1 lol. I guess the Pac fans dont like it. Im a Pac fan and dot care so...whatevs

Comment

bro you cant argue this. You have no leg to stand on
                    are you talking about the same experts that had JMM beating manny? and it wasnt even close
                    just do yourself a favor and call it like it is in the books
                    he beat JMM and lost to Bradley
                    I came to deal with Pac JMM 3 and I have a better case than you do in Bradley.
                    Bradley never got frustrated and never looked defeated
                    in Pac and JMM after 3 rounds pac had lost his step and his confidence. He would walk back to his corner with his head and shoulders down
                    Pacs body language said it all in that fight

but like I said I got over it so you need to as well
                    Pac and JMM was close. Anyone who thought JMM won, only had jmm winning by a few rounds or so. And dont use body language as evidence as boxers are the biggest actors in the world. Some boxers can know they are losing 11 rounds and act as if they won the lottery.

Pac beat Bradley. How can a one legged man beat Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Pavlik, no way was he top 20 p4p. Dz, not p4p top 100. Great wins, lol. Barker, Macklin are worse than anyone Pac has fought in a long time, between the two they'll be lucky to get a hold of a paper belt some day. Add it all up, Martinez is careerwise 2-1 against p4p top100 opp, with one of the wins straight out of rehab.

How did Pac look like crap vs Mosley? Won all rounds, dropped him, had him running. How did FMJ and Canelo do on that account? How about Margarito, Pac looked bad there? And when did he ever look good against JMM?

And why are you giving Sergio Cintron (another great one lol), and not Pac Bradley?
                      DUDE pac fought clottey margs mosley bradley none were near the top 25 P4P when he fought them
                      you have no argument bro

come on man it works both ways Pac was never the lineal WW champ or SWW champ Sexy Sergio is the Lineal MW champ
                      give him some props

I dont get it the same people that are knocking on sexy sergio for not fighting no one are the ones praising Chavez Jr for his supposed accomplishments
                      which are what??????

Comment

Working...
                      X