Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Lara's Style is His Style - I Won't Change it For Critics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Lara's Style is His Style - I Won't Change it For Critics!

While Erislandy Lara (25-2-2, 14 KOs) easily out-boxed Terrell Gausha this past weekend at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York, in defense of his WBA/IBO 154-pound titles, it wasn't a performance that played to rave critical reviews. The crowd inside the venue could be heard heckling the action (or lack thereof) and the Showtime ratings actually declined during this main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

he is getting way too much heat he never ran 1 bit guas should have done more he was losing. I would like to see him move his hands more but he outthrew his op.he was losing up to him to do more.and what other sport do u hear announcers putting down the action all the time.nfl nba never hear them go on and on about a defensive contest. larry mercent was the worst of all

Comment

He doesn't have to change his style, as long as the judge's keep giving his opponent's the rounds for outworking him - then that's fine.

Boxing used to be if the guy who moved backwards didn't score a knockdown - he lost the round. We need to go back to that style of judging; otherwise, the sport will remain marginal. Nobody cares about Lara outside of the internet nerd crowd on here.

He lost to Canelo - plain and simple.

Comment

Fine, but then don't whine when he doesn't get the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          he is getting way too much heat he never ran 1 bit guas should have done more he was losing. I would like to see him move his hands more but he outthrew his op.he was losing up to him to do more.and what other sport do u hear announcers putting down the action all the time.nfl nba never hear them go on and on about a defensive contest. larry mercent was the worst of all
          I agree it's up to his opponent to step on the gas and press the action. If they say he runs then cut the ring off and take the fight to Lara. I think a fighter that has a high work rate could give Lara problems. I believe his opponents want to go at Lara and KO him but they just can't figure him out.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
            He doesn't have to change his style, as long as the judge's keep giving his opponent's the rounds for outworking him - then that's fine.

Boxing used to be if the guy who moved backwards didn't score a knockdown - he lost the round. We need to go back to that style of judging; otherwise, the sport will remain marginal. Nobody cares about Lara outside of the internet nerd crowd on here.

He lost to Canelo - plain and simple.
            that's silly how did willy pep become champ and stay there for around 6-7 years

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              Fine, but then don't whine when he doesn't get the big fights.
              That's a good point also. I hate to say it but I think Lara missed a big opportunity to capitalize on that Canelo fight I believe he won. But he should have been more active and used less movement. I know he wishes he had of pressed the action till this day.

Comment

Lara's "style" ain't what bothers me
                It's his passiveness and low output and reluctancy to finish/dominate opponents that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  Boxing used to be if the guy who moved backwards didn't score a knockdown - he lost the round. We need to go back to that style of judging;
                  All you need to do is take out the term effective before aggression on the scoring criteria.

MMA scores aggression as much as effective aggression and doesn't score defense at all and that makes a ton of difference in guys not pushing the fight not winning plus makes fights more entertaining more often as two aggressive fighters often will.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                    That's a good point also. I hate to say it but I think Lara missed a big opportunity to capitalize on that Canelo fight I believe he won. But he should have been more active and used less movement. I know he wishes he had of pressed the action till this day.
                    I agree all the way on that I had him nipping it but he DID move alittle too much in that one I had 1point

Comment

Working...
                    X