No announcement yet.

Trump to pardon Jack Johnson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
    So ridiculous. Guys been dead for 80 years. Pardon now for what? Just a way to boost public awareness so Stallones movie has a chance at the box office.
    Stallone made another movie. War or boxing? I thought the guy was ill, dying ill. Wonder where I got that from.

Ali does not need a pardon! To say Ali needs a pardon is to say that anyone who wins on appeal to the Supreme Court is somehow still guilty of something. That's not the case. This is actually absurd, but as of late, being absurd doesn't stop something from happening anymore. So it will probably happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jab5239 View Post
      not sure it will happen, but it's been proposed. Personally, i think he deserves the pardon.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/22/polit...-is/index.html
      don't do it trump!!!!!!!1!!!!!

Comment

Not an American here. But personally its long over due.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
          Not an American here. But personally its long over due.
          Well well well. Look who we have here!

Welcome back. I hope you stick around!

Comment

Let's strip the dead soldiers of their medals of honor who slaughtered papooses and squaws in the snow at Wounded Knee.

Comment

--- Can you name the soldiers awarded medals at Wounded Knee?

Doubt even a few if any were handed out, but given the US dereliction in this regrettable post civil war era, I suppose it's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                --- Can you name the soldiers awarded medals at Wounded Knee?

Doubt even a few if any were handed out, but given the US dereliction in this regrettable post civil war era, I suppose it's possible.
                20 MOHs were awarded to members of the 7th Calvary for the one battle 'victory' at Wounded Knee.

Since America's involvement in Afghanistan (2002 - ) only 7 such medals have been awarded.

At Wounded Knee the soldiers were free to nominate themselves for the medal, (you could do that back then,) and the Military wasn't in any position to say no. The Military needed a great victory and it seems the soldiers knew how to play it. Can you smell the cover-up?

Should those seven soldiers from Afghanistan be grouped with the 20 from Wounded Knee? I think not.

P.S. Did you know, with the MOH you get a bonus check each month, for life? (Just in case you were wondering what motivated the 20.)
                Last edited by Dempsey-Louis; 07-12-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
                  20 MOHs were awarded to members of the 7th Calvary for the one battle 'victory' at Wounded Knee.

Since America's involvement in Afghanistan (2002 - ) only 7 such medals have been awarded.

At Wounded Knee the soldiers were free to nominate themselves for the medal, (you could do that back then,) and the Military wasn't in any position to say no. The Military needed a great victory and it seems the soldiers knew how to play it. Can you smell the cover-up?

Should those seven soldiers from Afghanistan be grouped with the 20 from Wounded Knee? I think not.

P.S. Did you know, with the MOH you get a bonus check each month, for life? (Just in case you were wondering what motivated the 20.)
                  --- Hmmmm, insert learn something new every day if you're lucky in life.

Pretty much casts a pall on subsequent great heroes like Audie Murphy whose heroism can never be exceeded.

I'll look into wounded knee further, but nonetheless, the derelict corruption of that era of US history is legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post

How did the conversation come this point?

Comment

Working...
                    X