No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: We Have Never Seen Anything Like Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
    Good amateur nothing special as a pro, so far he's been fighting quitters and salido beat him of course. Couldn't believe how bad Linares is as a fighter, needs an hour to set up a punch and he obviously wasn't told that defense was ok in boxing, and at the end he could of continued but he decided not to. I got nothing against loma but in boxing everyone half decent is made into a super star and fan boys start jumping the bandwagon like girls who're in love with their favorite pop star. Btw the division he's fighting in is not worth talking about, these skinny dudes should gain some weight and fight in higher weight classes like real men, nothing manly about a 50kg skinny legged dude.
    What fights did Walters and Rigo quit before facing Loma?

Comment

Loma is highly skilled, but what always happens with guys with long amateur careers is they compare them on the basis of total fights to other fighters. Yes he only has 12 fights but he is 30 so dont compare him to past greats at the 12 fight level when they were 20.

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
      Nobody has ever been a 3 weight world champion after only 12 fights. So it is therefore a fact and not opinion that we have never seen anything like Lomachenko before.

It could all come crashing down in flames, but up to now at this point in his career he is unmatched for accomplishments after so little fights

This is exactly what Im talking about. We have had plenty of 3 weight champion 30 year olds.

At 30, Morales already had his trilogies with Barrera and win over Pacquaio and was starting to decline. At 30, Mayweather was fighting DLH for a title in his 5th weight class. Already was lineal in his 4th weight class.
      Last edited by elfag; 05-14-2018, 03:03 AM.

Comment

The Author of this newbie article most likely started watching boxing 5 years ago if he thinks “we never seen this in boxing “ lol

These dumbass writers don’t know ***** about boxing history cuz there have been so many special fighters throughout history yet they act like Loma wining is some special feat. Lol

Damn newbs.

Comment

What about RJJ, Pacman and Floyd?...

People forget quickly.

Comment

Good amateur nothing special as a pro, so far he's been fighting quitters and salido beat him of course. Couldn't believe how bad Linares is as a fighter, needs an hour to set up a punch and he obviously wasn't told that defense was ok in boxing, and at the end he could of continued but he decided not to. I got nothing against loma but in boxing everyone half decent is made into a super star and fan boys start jumping the bandwagon like girls who're in love with their favorite pop star. Btw the division he's fighting in is not worth talking about, these skinny dudes should gain some weight and fight in higher weight classes like real men, nothing manly about a 50kg skinny legged dude.
            Or a 220lb ,6ft 7 , skinny legged dude. 😂...... I’m just saying

Comment

Nobody has ever been a 3 weight world champion after only 12 fights. So it is therefore a fact and not opinion that we have never seen anything like Lomachenko before.

It could all come crashing down in flames, but up to now at this point in his career he is unmatched for accomplishments after so little fights
              Yeah I hear you, and I too am a just turned ( but secretly want him to get floored ) Loma fan . Isn’t it also a fact that no boxer has has had the opportunity to fight for 4 world titles in 12 fights? Please that is also a very important fact too.....stay blessed, this is Dontay and I’m on to the next one
              Last edited by Noelanthony; 05-14-2018, 03:39 AM.

Comment

He has arguably the best amateur record of all time and as a pro he has broken a world record for being a 3 time, 3 weight world champion by only his 12th professional fight!! And in those 12 fights he has fought 6 current/former world champions, and yet you say "nothing special as a pro"??!!

When did I say he was a bad amateur boxer??

Tell me how the likes of Rigondeaux and Walters are "quitters" when they had never lost before, never mind quit in a previous fight. They both quit through frustration because they had never in their life come up against a fighter who they couldnt hit and who could hit them at will

So rigo didn't quit in the fight? He didn't lie about hurting his hand? And for walters, can't believe you give him credit for that rubbish fight. Walters lost before he came to fight, he never tried...he got his pay check and fkd off!!

You mean Salido who missed weight and came in heavy, and then repeatedly hit low and general just tried to rough house instead of actually box and still in my opinion and many others didn't even win the fight. Even so, it was Lomachenko's second ever professional fight and he fought a multiple time world champion. There is no way you can watch that fight and say Lomechenko was clearly beaten that night

See how good you fan boys are when it comes to excuses, who cares if Salido came in heavier??? Didn't bumachenko say weight don't matter?! The fact is that Salido was the only one so far who actually came to fight.

Not sure what fight you were watching to say Linares looked bad. He looked great and has done now for many years. Unbeaten for over 6 years before Saturday and is a 4 time, 3 weight world champion. He gave Lomachenko the best fight of his pro career, is the naturally bigger man and weighed 16lbs more than Lomachenko on the night but it still wasnt enough because he came up against something special.

He's no great fighter, good fighters hit and don't get hit, a good boxer has a good movement and good defense, he has neither...before this fight no one gave him credit for anything..how come all of a sudden you people treat him like he was a p4p fighter?? He's an average fighter who could of continued but decided not to.

Linares performance on Saturday would have been enough to beat most fighters around the 135lb division. It is very easy to discredit his effort just because he didnt win, as you have proven as that is exactly what you did.

That my friend is why your post was pathetic.

Have a good day.
                Now my friend it's time to take your fan boy glasses off and see things for what they are, beating nobodies doesn't make you great...he's an alright boxer but no where near what you people make him out to be.

Have a nice day too homie

Comment

Originally posted by Free0001 View Post
                  Stylistically, Loma's style is very similar to Orlando Canizales'.

If you are unfamiliar with Orlando Canizales, check out his footage on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/3ogsB0zxKDI
                  I was enjoying it until I saw the way he took out a few of my brothers with his bogus moustache. He is garbage.

Anthony Joshua by 2nd round knockout easy

Comment

the hate is real and its scarry, they are not talking boxing anymore, just pure jealousy for some guy who's not from around

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                      Great amateur career but as a pro he's a very good show opener. That version of Loma gets knocked out by Tank Davis and Mikey Garcia.
                      Stop! Tank damn year got on Twitter and cried when Floyd said he wanted him to fight Loma, and when asked after his last fight wouldn’t even say his name. Tank knows Loma right now is too much. But, hey, TMT.

Garcia could be one to best Loma, but not based on skill, based on the huge size advantage and power. Garcia is better at it all than Linares and Loma got a handful there.

If Loma has to go to a guy who can legit be a good WW to find an equal, that says enough about a guy his size.

Good amateur nothing special as a pro, so far he's been fighting quitters and salido beat him of course. Couldn't believe how bad Linares is as a fighter, needs an hour to set up a punch and he obviously wasn't told that defense was ok in boxing, and at the end he could of continued but he decided not to.
                      I wonder if you’re aware of how dumb you sound. Loma hasn’t fought at his natural weight in a long while, and Linares is not a bad fighter. He’s good, likely only loses to Loma and Garcia at his weight. Loma was much much smaller than him.

To say Loma is nothing special as a pro is the height of ignorance or extreme hating. My guess, both. I don’t even need to debate you, you say this to anyone in and around professional boxing and they’ll tell you to leave for talking while stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X