No announcement yet.

Are Mexican boxers overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Mexican boxers overrated?

Had an interesting debate with some boxing experts recently about this and they agreed.

What are your thoughts?

Is Morales overrated? Is Marquez overrated? Is Chavez overrated? Is Barrera overrated? Is S.Sanchez overrated? If you consider, they are ranked according to their achievements on the ATG list, so no I would not consider mexican boxers overrated. Out of the thousands of Mexicans that would become boxers, only 0.1% reach the level that I mentioned.

Comment

Are you saying a nation as a whole is over rated? As in A person, that happens to be Mexican, has never accomplished anything?....or the whole “Mexican style” thing is over rated; because that I can get behind and actually sounds stupid.

Comment

Not at all. JCC, Barrera, Morales, JMM, Salvador Sanchez, are all-time greats who all defeated some great fighters. They weren't just two-fisted brawlers. They cut off the ring, threw combinations, counter punched, timed their opponents, works the body and the head, etc.

Comment

I think you need to stick to another sport your clueless in boxing history and your Troll thread shows how stupid you are

Comment

A good boxer is a good boxer regardless of where they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              Are you saying a nation as a whole is over rated? As in A person, that happens to be Mexican, has never accomplished anything?....or the whole “Mexican style” thing is over rated; because that I can get behind and actually sounds stupid.
              The entire Mexicans Style is a view pushed on Mexicans. Mexicans never came out and said this is our style. Mexicans have a vast variety of styles and the majority of them is based of skills, fundamentals first.

Comment

Nope. Mexico produced some of the toughest most skilled boxers the world has ever seen.

Comment

It took a mexican legend like Barrera to beat an injured, dehydrated Naseem Hamed, so, no, they're not underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                    Had an interesting debate with some boxing experts recently about this and they agreed.

What are your thoughts?
                    Name the boxing experts or stfu...

Comment

Working...
                    X