No announcement yet.

The Official Nihilism vs Athiest Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] The Official Nihilism vs Athiest Thread

If you can tell the difference then who is worse as a group? The athiest or the nihilist?

nihilist: Believe that life lacks purpose and that it is meaningless. (Me)
    Athiest: Arrogant bastards who like to talk down about religion practices that took over a hundred years ago and believe in science.
    Arrogant Athiest
    80.00%
    Negative nihilism
    20.00%

atheists are not any more arroggant about their beliefs than anyone else, its just that the arrogant ones are given a platform so they will reflect poorly on the whole group.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
      If you can tell the difference then who is worse as a group? The athiest or the nihilist?

nihilist: Believe that life lacks purpose and that it is meaningless. (Me)
      Athiest: Arrogant bastards who like to talk down about religion practices that took over a hundred years ago and believe in science.
      Just consider your family, friends, pets, loved ones etc and what they mean to you... doesn't that imply that life is not meaningless?

If your life lacks purpose then it is up to you to give it one

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
        Just consider your family, friends, pets, loved ones etc and what they mean to you... doesn't that imply that life is not meaningless?

Very wise words man, I live by that last sentence you wrote.

Now I see why you're Grandmaster Wang. :

Comment

Wiff out reading a mofo thizang you trix post

What's your body count???

Comment

What if someone is both?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post

Give it purpose? They might say even if you give it a purpose, generally it is still meaningless.

Comment

The thread question is a misnomer. You write "what hurts society/religion more?" Society and religion are not one and not even close to being the same. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.

Comment

I think there are some athiests who are massively annoying cuz its turned into its own religion of sorts. They have the same confidence or "faith" one could argue there isn't a god as the religious people have in their beliefs. Fair enough if you don't believe in any of the current religious beliefs, but who says a god-like being has to be as the current religions suggest. Maybe humans f#cked up things once again & just got the story wrong. Thats why I consider myself more agnostic, with a strong athiest lean with that sorta stuff cuz I'm not THAT confident there isn't something more out there thats superior to us regardless if its a superior being or a computer program or the FSM.

And I tend to outright agree with nihilism more even if I don't live my life like that. I mean look around. There are all sorts of living creatures that seemingly have their habits & goals by design to keep their species going. Ultimately I think thats goal one of any living creature is to just keep it moving lol. Bust some nuts, have some mini-yous to keep things going forward. To what end? Who knows. Maybe to build some AI being that gives us never ending life, but all in all your kids birthday or your birthday or what you did Tuesday between 10am & 11am means f#ck all. And thats not good or bad, its indifferent at best, even if it is the most important thing in the world to you at the time its ultimately nothing & meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I think there are some athiests who are massively annoying cuz its turned into its own religion of sorts. They have the same confidence or "faith" one could argue there isn't a god as the religious people have in their beliefs. Fair enough if you don't believe in any of the current religious beliefs, but who says a god-like being has to be as the current religions suggest. Maybe humans f#cked up things once again & just got the story wrong. Thats why I consider myself more agnostic, with a strong athiest lean with that sorta stuff cuz I'm not THAT confident there isn't something more out there thats superior to us regardless if its a superior being or a computer program or the FSM.

And I tend to outright agree with nihilism more even if I don't live my life like that. I mean look around. There are all sorts of living creatures that seemingly have their habits & goals by design to keep their species going. Ultimately I think thats goal one of any living creature is to just keep it moving lol. Bust some nuts, have some mini-yous to keep things going forward. To what end? Who knows. Maybe to build some AI being that gives us never ending life, but all in all your kids birthday or your birthday or what you did Tuesday between 10am & 11am means f#ck all. And thats not good or bad, its indifferent at best, even if it is the most important thing in the world to you at the time its ultimately nothing & meaningless.
                    That's it right there, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X