Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hi Tech" Lomachenko vs "Money" Mayweather @ 130 lbs / 9 Stone 4: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd's first pro fight was at Super Feather against Apodaka. Damn, that was 20 frickin' years ago!

@ 130, Prime vs Prime, Floyd takes the "W". IMHO, this fight would be a war. Both guys would not back down and can crack at this weight. Floyd by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Who wins this fistic chessmatch?

Discuss!!
      A better poll would be 8 pro fight floyd vs 8 pro fight loma at 130lb. There's a tangible comparison with that.

Comment

Very tough fight, Lomachenko is a very complicated southpaw with good defense, handspeed and counterpunching ability, at the time Floyd wasn't as mature a fighter as he was when he fought Judah especially against southpaws, he learned that with time as his style is more suited to orthodox fighters and if Floyd couldn't land on Lomachenko, he'd have to cut him off and break him down like he did against Judah, he had the power, the chin, the size, the hand and footspeed to do it but he'd be out of his element and he'd have to sell out, would've been a great fight. Same for Lomachenko, if Floyd started moving and Lomachenko's amateur instincts (wanting to score as many punches in a short amount of time) kicked in, he might end up missing too much against the defensive master and getting counterpunched and would end up tiring late. Very hard fight to predict and unfortunatley we will never see it.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          A better poll would be 8 pro fight floyd vs 8 pro fight loma at 130lb. There's a tangible comparison with that.
          Nope sorry.

Their amateur backgrounds aren't equal, nor are their resumes 8 fights in. Boxing can't be broken down in that sense for many reasons which I won't go into for time sake.

The comparison is valid now because in a p4p matchup it would be competitive enough to warrant conversation.

Comment

Floyd never fought at 126 as a pro..why not just say 130 where both fought?

Comment

Nope sorry.

Their amateur backgrounds aren't equal, nor are their resumes 8 fights in. Boxing can't be broken down in that sense for many reasons which I won't go into for time sake.

The comparison is valid now because in a p4p matchup it would be competitive enough to warrant conversation.
              not that I totally disagree with what you said, but they both pretty well reached the pinnacle of the sport as amateurs...loma was just a better amateur. but comparing a peak 130lb Floyd, which is arguably his absolute prime, to 8 fight loma isn't really any more fair than what I suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                not that I totally disagree with what you said, but they both pretty well reached the pinnacle of the sport as amateurs...loma was just a better amateur. but comparing a peak 130lb Floyd, which is arguably his absolute prime, to 8 fight loma isn't really any more fair than what I suggested.
                Well in my opinion you, like many, are underrating, or correctly rating (impossible to tell with certainty yet) Lomachenko.

The whole reason I made this thread was because I consider Lomachenko as good right now, as a prime Floyd, if he is as special as I think he is - or at least in the conversation.

Consider that, considerthis.

Comment

Well in my opinion you, like many, are underrating, or correctly rating (impossible to tell with certainty yet) Lomachenko.

The whole reason I made this thread was because I consider Lomachenko as good right now, as a prime Floyd, if he is as special as I think he is - or at least in the conversation.

Consider that, considerthis.

I will take that into consideration

Comment

Who wins this fistic chessmatch?

Discuss!!
                    Mayweather never fought at 126. If you ever saw Mayweather fight at 130, you would know that Mayweather would KO Lomachenko. He would make Lomachenko look like an amateur.

Comment

If 135 Floyd doesn't win by KO he'd sweep all 12.

Comment

Working...
                      X