Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko-Guillermo Rigondeaux: Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko-Guillermo Rigondeaux: Post-Fight Report Card

While unsatisfying, it might have been the most fitting end. Guillermo Rigondeaux fought in the way that worked best for him over the years. Even as some of his fights, night like Joseph Agbeko and Drian Francisco, drove fans mad with their inaction, he won and moved on. He was a fighter who refused to adjust his style to expand his fan base, no matter the calls to do so.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rigondeaux stunk up the joint. He didn't throw punches & just stood there, not like him at all....espn should of paid me to watch only one person fight!

Comment

Did Rigo actually even land his left on Lomachenko? And if he did, was it hard enough to injure it? I don't remember seeing it. Anyone else?

Comment

Still no update on the outcome of Rigondeaux’s x-rays.... I would think if a bone was in fact broken in his hand, we would know about it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
          Still no update on the outcome of Rigondeaux’s x-rays.... I would think if a bone was in fact broken in his hand, we would know about it by now.
          You don’t need to break a bone to hurt your hand. That said, I never believed Rigondeaux hurt himself. That was just an excuse to quit. I’d be surprised if he could produce proof of injury.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            You don’t need to break a bone to hurt your hand. That said, I never believed Rigondeaux hurt himself. That was just an excuse to quit. I’d be surprised if he could produce proof of injury.
            I think he legit hurt his hand, but he also knew he didn't have enough to win on this night. Age and Loma's size and talent were just too much. IMO doesn't reflect negatively on rigo. He bit off more than he could chew at this point in his career.

You think he fights again?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I think he legit hurt his hand, but he also knew he didn't have enough to win on this night. Age and Loma's size and talent were just too much. IMO doesn't reflect negatively on rigo. He bit off more than he could chew at this point in his career.

You think he fights again?
              Injury or no injury, he quit. Greater champions have fought through worse. He was defeated mentally and took an out. I agree Rigondeaux was at an insurmountable disadvantage, which was plainly evident on fight night. But the way he chose to deal with the situation really disappointed me, to say the least. I’m over it now, but it still sucks.

I don’t know if Rigondeaux will ever fight again. He’s 37 years old; his style is notoriously unmarketable; and he may not even have a belt now (the sanctioning bodies were threatening to strip him). This might’ve been it.

Comment

The only way Rigo could have injured his hand was from Loma breaking Rigo’s constant clinching. He certainly didn’t connect with any punches.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  Rigondeaux stunk up the joint. He didn't throw punches & just stood there, not like him at all....espn should of paid me to watch only one person fight!
                  Oh, phucken shut up! Rigo didn't land punches but he was throwing those. A beautiful highlight could be made of his left throws missing Loma after 2nd round... or including first rounds.
                  Get lost, turd, you already screamed enough prior to fight about how Rigo was against Loma, Arum, HBO, bla-bla, now you add "trauma" to the list.
                  Phuck away because people know when boxer has hand injury watching how boxer never tries using the one like in Loma - Piriyapinyo fight.
                  Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  I know salido won't make Rigondeaux look bad.......
                  Pay Attention people, they ALREADY gave lomo the 1st round on the scorecards! Watch!

Rigondeaux vs bob arum, fat rafael, espn, jim, hbo & wba!
                  Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
                  Honestly, I am not sure from which exactly fraze I feel sick more:
                  - Hit and not be hit ; can not hit what you don’t see.
                  - Rigondeaux vs bob arum, fat rafael, espn, jim, hbo & wba!
                  While first just represents dedication to favorite fighter or classic fanboyism if repeated over 10 times (Isaw it like 50 times all over the forum) second one (which is repeated like 500 times) represents nothing but a dumbness.
                  Last edited by Ajvar; 12-11-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X