Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Heavyweight will ever be faster than Muhammad Ali.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Heavyweight will ever be faster than Muhammad Ali.

This video speaks for itself, no heavyweight will have the handspeed and lateral movement of Ali, he had the power of a heavyweight and the feet of a lightweight.

RIP The Greatest!

chris byrd.

Comment

An argument can be made for prime Mike Tyson. For an explosive power puncher he was also extremely quick given his short stocky body structure.

Comment

It's alright to praise Ali but why insist no one will ever be faster? There's been many faster HWs but none that ever brought it all together like Ali. Who knows what the future will hold.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          It's alright to praise Ali but why insist no one will ever be faster? There's been many faster HWs but none that ever brought it all together like Ali. Who knows what the future will hold.
          Very rare in my opinion with that kind of lateral movement, especially today's era. He moved like a lightweight really, really fast, in and out with his speed and combination!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            An argument can be made for prime Mike Tyson. For an explosive power puncher he was also extremely quick given his short stocky body structure.
            I was going to say the same thing. I think overall Ali is faster, but I am talking combined speed, foot, hand, thought, etc. He actually processed at an incredible speed.

I think Tyson had faster and definitely more explosive hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              For 1 fight roy jones was.

Comment

Ali averaged a weight of 205 in the 60's ? Many cruiser weights around that weight have fast hands . How fast was he above 220 pounds (standard Modern HW ?

Wlad Klitchko at 240/250 much more impessive for me as well as Joshua . Two of the very fastest who can still weigh over 240 and maintain speed .

Mike Tyson was the fastest at one point even at 220 .

Foot speed? Well the lighter you are the easier it is to move .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-07-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

He was extremely fast but you don't know that no heavyweight will ever be faster. Records in all sports are being broken all the time. Someone jumps so high or runs so fast or swims so fast or lifts so much weight that they say nobody will ever beat their record. They somebody comes along and beats their record. It happens all the time. I know he was a great fighter and you want to honer him. With the billions of people in the world today and more coming there could be a young future heavyweight boxer somewhere in this world right now who will be faster than Ali.

Comment

The only heavyweight faster than Muhammad Ali was young Muhammad Ali.

I can imagine young Ali popping that lightning fast jab in old Ali's face, ducking as old Ali tries to counter him off the rope-a-dope position.

"You old, sucka! Washed up just like Archie Moore. I can dance all day."

Ali whooping himself, it would be brutal to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X