Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruce Lee's ONLY Real Fight Footage RARE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    nobody is saying it was a real fight to death! it's a sparring session! the point of this thread is that he doesnt look that bad sparring compare to the other so called karate/kung fu master. yall hella reaching. chill with the hate.
    How is it hate?

If this was the only clip we had of any other "fighter" then they wouldn't be noticed at all. It's something someone's parents would save on a VHS tape and never rewatch.

I don't hate him but I think people who can't separate their childhood movie nostalgia from his actual ability as a fighter are being very silly and quasi-religious.
    Last edited by ////; 06-15-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      How is it hate?

If this was the only clip we had of any other "fighter" then they wouldn't be noticed at all. It's something someone's parents would save on a VHS tape and never rewatch.

I don't hate him but I think people who can't separate their childhood movie nostalgia from his actual ability as a fighter are being very silly and quasi-religious.
      the fact that you're saying it's not real, etc. the point of this thread was to show that in sparring he didnt look that bad.

when the topic gets brought up about "is bruce a real fighter", there's always comments like "show me a video of him actual fighting".

this is to show that in sparring he didnt look that bad so if we base it off from his sparring video, in a real actual fight, i dont think he'll do that bad. that's all!! i'm not here claiming he's the best fighter or that he can beat any of the best fighters right now. im just posting this to show him sparring, that's all!

Comment

longer version with sound effects.. skip to the 2nd fight, it was a pretty good sparring session. and yall telling me this fool cant fight??

ive seen this video before but not with the sound effects awesome stuff

Comment

He looks good for his time, against inexperienced opponents. I think he could've been an MMA fighter, but there's not enough to go on to predict if he would have had success.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
            Like i said earlier he invented Jeet Kune Do

You dont invent martial arts by not being a fighter and a life time student of the game with a wealth of knowledge

Helio Gracie invented BJJ from years of experimentation and fight knowledge

Lets just say Harry Greb was shyt and fake. Theres no fight footage regardless of stats and what people say.

Countless people vouch for Bruce. But its not believed because people are trying to seem clever and superior by attempting to show rationale by going against the grain.

Bruce Lee wasnt Jackie Chan
            i can invent a martial art in my backyard and train all day but i'm still no world champion. by your logic, every quack who invents a martial art is in the same boat as helio gracie. well helio gracie actually fought experienced competitors with BJJ.

Comment

nobody is saying it was a real fight to death! it's a sparring session! the point of this thread is that he doesnt look that bad sparring compare to the other so called karate/kung fu master. yall hella reaching. chill with the hate.
              your thread title says real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                Like i said earlier he invented Jeet Kune Do

You dont invent martial arts by not being a fighter and a life time student of the game with a wealth of knowledge

Helio Gracie invented BJJ from years of experimentation and fight knowledge

Lets just say Harry Greb was shyt and fake. Theres no fight footage regardless of stats and what people say.

Countless people vouch for Bruce. But its not believed because people are trying to seem clever and superior by attempting to show rationale by going against the grain.

Bruce Lee wasnt Jackie Chan
                Billy Banks created Tae Bo. Does that make him a true fighter?

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                  i can invent a martial art in my backyard and train all day but i'm still no world champion. by your logic, every quack who invents a martial art is in the same boat as helio gracie. well helio gracie actually fought experienced competitors with BJJ.
                  No you cant invent a martial art because you know jack shyt about fighting.

About 1-5% of people globally could. Not you.

I will correct you.

There are numerous documented fights of helio. Vids and witnesses

There is limited footage of bruce but people witnesses him fighting

He also went on and taught other recognised martial artists who followed him

Hes no quack.

Youre just stupid

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    Doesn't look very real. Kind of looks like an exhibition of some sort. Every time the opponent attacks (eg 1:30) he seems to make no sincere effort at landing a punch or kick and just steps toward to provide a target.

At the very least we are stretching our usual definition of "real" fighting to include a very slow paced ritualistic traditional partial arts competition covered in protective pads, something most on this site would normally make fun of. People don't want to let go of the idea that Bruce was magical.
                    ... I had the same feeling...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      Billy Banks created Tae Bo. Does that make him a true fighter?

[IMG]

via GIPHY

[/IMG]

Tae boe is for fitness, not combat. Nice try.

Shaun T invented insanity.

Weak sauce homie.

Comment

Working...
                      X