No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Golovkin was marketed as not being like all those other fighters, and he would've shown himself to be full of **** in dragging a two-year inactive junior middleweight up to fight, giving up his belt, and then waiting on a good fighter for a maybe second money fight.

Nothing wrong with expecting some honesty every once in a while.

exactly !!

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      or, perhaps he started out with the lofty goal of unifying, swam in the boxing sewer and got screwed around long enough to make him not give a flying **** anymore about anything other than securing as much money as he can for his family before he tells this sport to pissoff once and for all.

That makes a bit more sense than some long-running far-flung conspiracy theory.

But ultimately it doesnt matter. If he does the mando with Derev next, you haters will claim he's ducking Canelo, Charlo, Jacobs, or Saunders. If he fights one of the other names I mentioned, you will cry hypocrite for not doing the mando.

And before you claim I am "buying the BS" or whatever, I stated weeks ago that the Vanes fight was garbage, and they should have scrapped May 5 and negotiated a June fight with Derev.

Edit: and yes, I do believe at one point GGG had the goal of unifying the titles. Almost every fighter I have ever met had that goal at one time or another. But just like newly elected politicians, "lofty goals" seem to fade once they reach a certain point and actually see how the sausage is made. I dont know if that is what has happened with GGG, but it wouldnt surprise me......

that just sounds like yet another excuse

an excuse that other PROVEN fighters do not seem to have

and, there is no conspiracy theory..... boxing is all about match-making, and match-making is all about styles..... they have taken the fights they wanted, and passed on the rest..... JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

standard stuff, no conspiracy

I told everyone that they were avoiding the mover/spoilers

Golovkin just passed up his WBO " dream " when he was presented with a perfect window of opportunity to fight Saunders in June..... but, nope..... that perfect window of opportunity was apparently not perfect enough lol

Golovkin selecting yet another no-hoper opponent..... and then following up that selection with a pile of silly excuses..... is just the latest example, and is no coincidence..... and I am happy to have an in-depth discussion with you regarding the ABSURD excuses they gave to avoid MUCH BETTER opponents than Golovkin fought

Comment

• Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
        Yes I understand why he is cherry picking and simply waiting for the Canelo rematch given the $s involved but it is still disappointing especially given all his bs about really wanting to be undisputed MW champ, fighting the best etc. We already knew his “fight anyone from 154-168” was a lie.
        Yes, I agree.

Golovkin will look bad if he gets stripped for not honouring his mandatory and canelo goes in another direction in September, which is a real possibility!

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          that just sounds like yet another excuse

an excuse that other PROVEN fighters do not seem to have

and, there is no conspiracy theory..... boxing is all about match-making, and match-making is all about styles..... they have taken the fights they wanted, and passed on the rest..... JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

standard stuff, no conspiracy

I told everyone that they were avoiding the mover/spoilers

Golovkin just passed up his WBO " dream " when he was presented with a perfect window of opportunity to fight Saunders in June..... but, nope..... that perfect window of opportunity was apparently not perfect enough lol

Golovkin selecting yet another no-hoper opponent..... and then following up that selection with a pile of silly excuses..... is just the latest example, and is no coincidence..... and I am happy to have an in-depth discussion with you regarding the ABSURD excuses they gave to avoid MUCH BETTER opponents than Golovkin fought
          Yes, as golovkin gets older and slower, Saunders looks like a very bad matchup for him.

Comment

Working...
          X