Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Wilder and Spence think they have any say in fights against Joshua and Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Wilder and Spence think they have any say in fights against Joshua and Canelo?

Al Haymon has these guys in some fantasy land. They’re so far detached from reality.

If Joshua says you get $50M that’s what you get.

If Canelo says you get $20M that’s what you get.

The way Wilder and Spence talk you would think they’re the ones that have millions of PPV buys to their names and sell out stadiums.

They’d rather demand the world instead of setting up their families for life. Meanwhile they continue to fight for purses that’ll take them about 10 fights to earn what they would against Joshua or Canelo.

A lot of PBC fighters are sick in the head. So far the only PBC fighter that is clear headed is Andy Ruiz. Dude didn’t let Al Haymon f**k him out of the opportunity of a lifetime.

It baffles me. These fools can't draw flies to ****, but they think they can dictate to the spot's real stars. Nothing but a bunch of welfare recipients of you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
      Al Haymon has these guys in some fantasy land. They’re so far detached from reality.

If Joshua says you get $50M that’s what you get.

If Canelo says you get $20M that’s what you get.

The way Wilder and Spence talk you would think they’re the ones that have millions of PPV buys to their names and sell out stadiums.

They’d rather demand the world instead of setting up their families for life. Meanwhile they continue to fight for purses that’ll take them about 10 fights to earn what they would against Joshua or Canelo.

A lot of PBC fighters are sick in the head. So far the only PBC fighter that is clear headed is Andy Ruiz. Dude didn’t let Al Haymon f**k him out of the opportunity of a lifetime.
      My question is why do you care about their money? There are some weird boxing fans on this site

Comment

Arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
          It baffles me. These fools can't draw flies to ****, but they think they can dictate to the spot's real stars. Nothing but a bunch of welfare recipients of you ask me.
          Hear, Hear..

Comment

Here is why-Canelo and AJ are tied to a DAZN, which makes its money on subscriptions sold. Wilder and Spence fights would sell more subscriptions than any opponent either of them could fight, which means the take AJ and Canelo would get above their guarantee will be significantly increased.

Wilder and Spence can't dictate to either Canelo or AJ, but they do have more leverage at the negotiating table than other potential opponents.

I think part of the problem is broke ass posters create threads where the post suggests millionaire fighters are in the same position as the broke ass poster and should think and act like them. That is a mistake.

Just like Manny with Floyd and GGG with Canelo, Wilder and Spence can make really good money while waiting for an offer they feel properly compensates them for their role in making the fight a huge seller.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Here is why-Canelo and AJ are tied to a DAZN, which makes its money on subscriptions sold. Wilder and Spence fights would sell more subscriptions than any opponent either of them could fight, which means the take AJ and Canelo would get above their guarantee will be significantly increased.

Wilder and Spence can't dictate to either Canelo or AJ, but they do have more leverage at the negotiating table than other potential opponents.

I think part of the problem is broke ass posters create threads where the post suggests millionaire fighters are in the same position as the broke ass poster and should think and act like them. That is a mistake.

Just like Manny with Floyd and GGG with Canelo, Wilder and Spence can make really good money while waiting for an offer they feel properly compensates them for their role in making the fight a huge seller.

This happens often especially on this forum!

When you're the other half of a Mega Fight...You DO have some leverage by default

I'm in no position to tell Millionaires what the should or shouldn't take and what they're worth. I'm most certainly in no position to question someone like AL Haymon who have made fighters as well as Music Artist Millionaires for Decades.

Fans need to get their own finances in order first before trying to tell Wilder, Spence Jr, Crawford and others what they should and shouldn't do and who they should or shouldn't sign with
              Last edited by sicko; 05-08-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                My question is why do you care about their money? There are some weird boxing fans on this site
                I don’t care about their money, I hope they get paid good, I wanna see the fights. Well, Joshua vs. Wilder, I don’t care about Canelo vs. Spence.

Money isn’t the only aspect of boxing. Wilder and Spence talk about every aspect like they’re the superstar.

Comment

Lmao, these sissies are getting all mad.

Comment

Reporters throwing what if’s at Spence and he answers them and you get your panties in a bunch saying he’s trying to dictate a fight 🤔 sounds like you shook

Comment

Working...
                    X