Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holyfield's body change from Cruiserweight to HW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--- ABCs would sanction their dead grannies if they could.

WBC sanctioned 144 Manny vs 152 Margarito for the jrmid title, but traditionally they sanction under/overweight fighters by tampering the scales.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Would commissions sanction fights with someone 185 vs. 240?
      I have no idea if commissions today would do so; if they wouldn't this would reflect the belief--popular today and I believe correct--that in the HW division "muscle mass matters"--just as it does in the lighter divisions.

As you will recall, in 2003 a 193lb Roy Jones Jr. fought and beat a 226lb John Ruiz; Rocky Marciano weighed in under 185lbs on multiple occasions, including in 1951 when a 184lbs Marciano KO'd an obscure 213¾lb fighter by the name of Joe Louis.

When Joshua vs. Wilder is finalized I am curious to see how much "weight" is given to the issue of weight; based on the way Wilder is shrinking (and has been--I think--since around the time he enrolled in VADA) it would not surprise me at all if Joshua entered the ring with not only a 35lb weight advantage over Wilder--(roughly 245-250lbs to 210-215lbs) but with a lower bodyfat %. If this is the case, to ME, personally, that would suggest that Joshua should be regarded as the overwhelming favorite--I wonder if this will be the view shared by most.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
        I have no idea if commissions today would do so; if they wouldn't this would reflect the belief--popular today and I believe correct--that in the HW division "muscle mass matters"--just as it does in the lighter divisions.

As you will recall, in 2003 a 193lb Roy Jones Jr. fought and beat a 226lb John Ruiz; Rocky Marciano weighed in under 185lbs on multiple occasions, including in 1951 when a 184lbs Marciano KO'd an obscure 213¾lb fighter by the name of Joe Louis.

When Joshua vs. Wilder is finalized I am curious to see how much "weight" is given to the issue of weight; based on the way Wilder is shrinking (and has been--I think--since around the time he enrolled in VADA) it would not surprise me at all if Joshua entered the ring with not only a 35lb weight advantage over Wilder--(roughly 245-250lbs to 210-215lbs) but with a lower bodyfat %. If this is the case, to ME, personally, that would suggest that Joshua should be regarded as the overwhelming favorite--I wonder if this will be the view shared by most.
        Wilder weighed in at just under 215 lbs against Ortiz and Joshua weighed in at just over 250 against Klitchko.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post

I think when Jones did it the cruiserweight limit was still 190-pounds, so anything above 190 was considered heavyweight.

Comment

--- Been a lotta play over Deyonce being able to make cruiser in his first 5 yrs of being a string bean.

Thing is he's still a horrible boxer who woulda been whooped badly by that top 20.

Hence his proclivity for fighting TBA journeymen who generally whoop the FOO him before he lands a haymaker.

Comment

Originally posted by sentax View Post
              Wilder weighed in at just under 215 lbs against Ortiz and Joshua weighed in at just over 250 against Klitchko.
              Holyfield and Tyson would make that weight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I think when Jones did it the cruiserweight limit was still 190-pounds, so anything above 190 was considered heavyweight.
                What then is the WBA's "Super Heavyweight" all about?

I get the feeling I am suppose to look at 'super heavyweight' as what use to be called HW and that the WBA's HW is somewhere between cruiserweight and Super HW. I think.

What the hell is a "Super HW"?

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
                  What then is the WBA's "Super Heavyweight" all about?

I get the feeling I am suppose to look at 'super heavyweight' as what use to be called HW and that the WBA's HW is somewhere between cruiserweight and Super HW. I think.

What the hell is a "Super HW"?
                  Well WBA has a super championship in every weight class now and a WBA regular champion. Makes no sense to me, must be a way of awarding someone with the title if they're deemed good enough and the regular champ won't fight them.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                    Tyson admitted using a fake penis containing others' urine to pass his drug tests,
                    He used that because he had cocaine and reefer in his system. Not steroids.

Why is it so hard to believe that Tyson could weigh between 190 and 200 at the age of 17? I knew a guy in middle school who was ripped at 14, weighed probably 180. In high school he was even bigger. Dude was really into bodybuilding. Knew he wasn't on the juice because I asked him and he said no but more convincingly the dude was dirt ass poor.

The teen years are the years which males have the most testosterone shooting around their bodies. Mike wasn't a hard gainer in the slightest either. At 12 he was 190 lbs before he met Teddy Atlas. I don't know about you but I'm significantly bigger than I was at 12 as is everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                      He used that because he had cocaine and reefer in his system. Not steroids.
                      And you believe that because he said so? That's not enough for me and anyone who knows about steroids.

ANY professional fighter who is forging drug tests in any way is clearly using PED's. The dumbass totally incriminated himself by admitting the fake weiner thing.

I knew a guy in middle school who was ripped at 14, weighed probably 180. In high school he was even bigger. Dude was really into bodybuilding.
                      Knew he wasn't on the juice because I asked him and he said no
                      Are you 5 years old? You just believe people's claims because they say so?

You should grow up and stop being so naive. The world of sports/athletics/bodybuilding is filled with PED's and it's the norm, now more than ever.

Why is it so hard to believe that Tyson could weigh between 190 and 200 at the age of 17?
                      Because of the amount of muscle mass he maintained at that weight. Even more obvious because of the fact that he did it without doing any weight training and his skull had a freakish, gigantism type of shape to it indicating HGH, and because of how he could recover so quickly with such rigorous and frequent mass calorie burning training.

And he was at that weight already at 13, not just 17. Look at him even back then, he was no fat kid.

The teen years are the years which males have the most testosterone shooting around their bodies.
                      It's also the years when males are still in early development and have not reached anywhere near their adult muscle mass and bone thickness. No natural human being has that kind of mass at Tyson's age. Actually even adult humans can't get Tyson's 16/17 yo body without drugs.

Mike wasn't a hard gainer in the slightest either. At 12 he was 190 lbs before he met Teddy Atlas. I don't know about you but I'm significantly bigger than I was at 12 as is everyone else.
                      Weren't you extremely skinny for your height? I would think Tyson the HGH/steroids experiment headed by Cus would inspire you to do the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X