No announcement yet.

**** my younger brother is asking for money AGAIN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    I already send $500 to my parents coz they are now retired and only have SS pension. $500 is more than enough for them in Philippines. But my younger brother with 3 kids, all in private school, I'm sure is getting some of that $500. That's on top of $200 I send him every month to help with his kid's schooling.

I honestly don't mind this $700 I send them. What pisses me off is almost every month my brother keeps asking for money for birthday, not enough tuition, Christmas, birthday again, etc.. I'm now tired after many years of doing this

He does have a job in a call center. his wife doesn't work. But the 3 kids all in private school is really expensive. And I don't see his financial situation improving until his children graduate.

Public school in Philippines though is not the same as US. So many parents even on low middle class send their children to private school.

But **** is that my responsibility. I'm plan on getting married this next year. So let's see how long I can keep supporting my broke @ss brother.
    I have the same problem, kinda!

In the 90's I realized they were using me as an ATM!

Wife's tatay was a fisherman with 1 boat in Samar! One year I bought them a new engine and nets!

The next year we went to visit! I bought them a generator and freezer (they live in the province) so they could save the extra fish!

Several years later I bought them a 2nd boat (engine, motor and nets).

Youngest daughter got married, bought husband a tricycle (he owns three now)!

I don't run a charity and I have told them so!

But if someone wants to work hard I'm willing to make an investment!

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      I already send $500 to my parents coz they are now retired and only have SS pension. $500 is more than enough for them in Philippines. But my younger brother with 3 kids, all in private school, I'm sure is getting some of that $500. That's on top of $200 I send him every month to help with his kid's schooling.

I honestly don't mind this $700 I send them. What pisses me off is almost every month my brother keeps asking for money for birthday, not enough tuition, Christmas, birthday again, etc.. I'm now tired after many years of doing this

He does have a job in a call center. his wife doesn't work. But the 3 kids all in private school is really expensive. And I don't see his financial situation improving until his children graduate.

Public school in Philippines though is not the same as US. So many parents even on low middle class send their children to private school.

But **** is that my responsibility. I'm plan on getting married this next year. So let's see how long I can keep supporting my broke @ss brother.
      People only do what you allow them to do so stop mourning. It's not like he's holding a gun to your head. Also if you talk big with those overseas people they will leech you like there's no tomorrow. Don't buy those stories about how he is suffering. The man has a job and kids, how did he expect to pay for those kids. Before you know it his wife will be pregnant with another kid expecting that an uncle from overseas will be supporting him.

This is all common with these overseas people, parents fake illnesses and even surgeries so they can be send money by their kids. I worked with a guy whose mother faked an illness every payday of her overseas son. Don't even tell those people when you get promoted, they only treat you like a meal ticket.

Comment

Perhaps he found out those kids are really YOURS.....

'
        '
        '
        '

'
        '
        '

'
        '
        '

'
        '
        '

'
        '

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          I have the same problem, kinda!

In the 90's I realized they were using me as an ATM!

Wife's tatay was a fisherman with 1 boat in Samar! One year I bought them a new engine and nets!

The next year we went to visit! I bought them a generator and freezer (they live in the province) so they could save the extra fish!

Several years later I bought them a 2nd boat (engine, motor and nets).

Youngest daughter got married, bought husband a tricycle (he owns three now)!

I don't run a charity and I have told them so!

But if someone wants to work hard I'm willing to make an investment!

i need a new fishing boat, kuya...please help...i need to buy food from the palenke

send $20K

salamat

Comment

Working...
          X