Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder Now Saying He Will Only Ever Accept 50/50 Split - Pricing Himself Out Forever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
    Don't know where all this arrogance is coming from.
    It's your fault you avoided Klitschko, clown.
    Avoided Klitschko when? Klitschko lost his titles the same year Wilder won his title. When Wilder won his title, Klitschko had already agreed to fight Jennings.

When was this fight supposed to happen?

Are you living in an alternate reality?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      The funds are probably there BUT no one in their right mind is going to give 50 Million to Haymon without a GUARANTEE that Joshua is signed .

Wilder has never been on PPV and needs Joshua to get that money which also has to be paid back with interest to the sponsor who is a mystery ?

Hearn said proof of funds have not been provided anyway , if they were im sure the MEDIA team would have posted it . lol

In the end Joshua would be a fool to take 50 Million anyway bc hes getting about 35 Million in the U.K WITH backyard leverage .

I really dont see how ppl justify a duck when Wilder could have just negotiated the 12.5 from the start and the duck would be the guy who didnt sign to his AGREED contract who feels he needs a rematch claus out of fear of losing !
      So you are basically saying, that AJ turns down 15m because he doesn’t want to travel and that that’s not a duck?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I swear when I watched Joshua Parker it started at like 7 eastern time not the whole event that fight.

Joshua_Fury is a big fight that will make a lot of money in the UK I don't really doubt that, I just find that Joshua Wilder will end up bigger overall due to more markets being involved and boxing fans in the UK will be very interested in a Wilder fight also, so while a Fury fight may earn more from a purely UK perspective will it earn more than that overall amount a Wilder brings. I would go with the Wilder option. And keep in mind Fury certainly isn't coming cheap either, that could be real hard to make.

Whyte isn't that big a deal and a rematch with Joshua even less so. It can be done and do alright but it is not going to do some amazing business it is a stay busy proposition, average money at best all coming from Joshua. The Parker fight is not that big a deal either.

If he isn't maxing out then Joshua and his team are messing up and need to be playing to max out the sooner the better but I feel he generally is maxing out UK. He is pulling all he can from that market and will continue to do so with some increases for bigger fights but for run of the mill fights.

Have you ever heard the saying "if you aren't getting better you are getting worse?" Contentedness and complacency is literally the worst thing for a top end fighter other than a self destructive personality, I assume Joshua wants more because he is a fighter, if he doesn't that is a big red flag to his long term success.
        Why do you think Joshua only makes money in the U.K? his last fight was sold to nearly every country in the world! lol his fights are watched globally, and the viewing figures far eclipse anything that Wilder has done, by tens of millions. When I talk about a big event, I'm talking eyeballs on the event. The Fury fight in the UK will be watched by the entire country, trust me on that, and it will be watched by more fans globally than the Klitschko fight by far.

Fury is a bigger name than Wilder, end of. They would be fighting for the lineal HW champion of the world.

Whyte has already outsold Wilder ticket wise, has a big following in the UK, and is away to headline his first PPV card.... Whyte is already known in the UK, the fight is huge, accept that.

No they are not messing up, the fans in the UK just expect a certain ticket price and it is more about the size of the event than the money generated. It's a known fact Hearn can increase ticket prices, but why would Joshua want to rip off his fans that support him.... lets leave the extortionate prices to the rich people in the U.S... it's why boxing is dead in your country, the average fan can't even get tickets to big events.

Joshua has been fighting in huge events for a while now, he's unified the world titles and fighting the top fighters in the division.... I don't think he is complacent... complacency is fighting 40 fights against low level opposition and being happy with $2 million pay days.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          I stated clear facts you couldn't refute, so you ignored my points and personally attacked me instead. #weak
          You are the biggest consumer of Wilder coolaid. You just cannot accept that Wilder blatantly and overtly ducked Wlad. Tells everybody about your agenda and bias.

Comment

True Wilder won't get 50/50 but if someone starts their negotiating stance at 50/50 do they really expect to get 50/50?

Start high and move down, Wilder will get more than he would have taken this time and there is a lot of distance between 50/50 and what he was standing to make so it is easy to start there and pick up ground.
            Thats true aim high, i think hearn should just offer wilder 35% for next year, that should secure the fight for both sides

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              You just cannot accept that Wilder blatantly and overtly ducked Wlad.
              When?

Wlad was committed to Jennings already when Wilder won his belt. Then Wlad lost to Fury. When was this fight supposed to take place?

Comment

Millions is a pretty big number and since his is going up he is doing just fine, to get a giant payday there is only one guy, but if that is the case then he should do it at the right time and make as much as he can which was not now where he had to offer cut rate just to get them to think about it. The same holds true for Joshua he can only make the money he will get from a Wilder fight fighting Wilder everything else is average and not really improving much. So a lot of ways to look at it they both need each other to max out though no denying that, although you seem to be denying that~

Him and Joshua have fought about the same level of dudes so...... with the only difference being a washed up Wlad hardly something to rest your laurels on.

Wilder will get paid a lot to fight Joshua more than 15 million so it will all work out fine for him, and even if he loses he will still end up making a lot.
                That 1 million people watching Wilder doesn't translate to making big money, so who cares? Joshua will make big bank against anyone he fights.

What Joshua makes is average? Stop. Smoking. Crack. What do you call Wilder's pay days then?

Joshua has the much better resume. The fact you think otherwise shows me that continuing this conversation with you is completely pointless. You're American so you're deranged. I get it.

Wilder doesn't even deserve 15 million. It's pure delusion to think otherwise. How many fighters have earned that much money being a weak B side going against a strong A side?

Comment

He will get even more, when negotiations stop things don't satay static from where they were they start over. It was always talked about as a two fight deal when Wilder agreed so that was always something going on that is not something new.

You are taking the word of Hearn who is a boxing promoter which is a business of liars as if his word where etched in marble from on high. You have to do backflips and close one eye just to act like this was a push where both side are to blame equally, it is pretty clear who didn't want the fight the guy who signed to fight someone else first is a pretty good indicator. Now Wilder's side didn't want to fight on the cheap like they played it although were willing to call that bluff because they knew it would draw a fold because the fight with Povetkin was always in the cards, which is fine because the time for Wilder Joshua is best 8 to 14 months from now give or take a couple months.
                  Name a time in history where the weak B side had a rematch clause even if he loses?

Name a time in history when a weak B side like Wilder earned more then 15 million?

Comment

I stated clear facts you couldn't refute, so you ignored my points and personally attacked me instead. #weak
                    You know what you're saying is a load of bull****. So don't give me that You ****ing fraud.

Comment

He was ready to sign for a low ball flat fee, for a fight in the UK, with all British officials, and a one way rematch clause, as long as Hearn guaranteed the fight would be NEXT.

Hearn refused.

To say Wilder didn't want the fight is ludicrous. You're completely brainwashed.
                      It wasn't going to be only British officials. We have neutrals over here. If Wilder wanted an American ref, he could have requested one no problem.

Name a time in history a B side as weak as Wilder had a rematch clause?

Name a B side as weak as Wilder who got paid more than 15 million?

Comment

Working...
                      X