No announcement yet.

you guys are getting what you wanted...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    OP generalising and making a fool of himself once again. Who the hell is saying they want it to marinate? How dim can one person be?
    read the damn comments in other threads, stop going down the thebigdunn route of saying im making things up.

Comment

No marination needed, the grill is ready! Let’s see them two fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        No marination needed, the grill is ready! Let’s see them two fight.
        Absolutely. This marinating **** is garbage when guys fight like twice a year.

They'll be marinading for the next 5 years till they are ready like Floyd/Manny. These guys are like 28 and 31 years old, what are they waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
          you guys are getting what you wanted...

you dont want the spence crawford fight, you all say it needs to marinate and make business sense (as if youve got your hands in the cookie jar) so this is what you will get, more one sided fights like horn and ocampos. obviously the thought of a competitive match up being made fairly quickly is such a shocking, radical idea for a lot of you.

I would have thought with the amount of guys around that division you wouldnt need to marinate a single fight for years and years, just fight the best available and then onto the next one, but this is the boxing fanbase in 2018 so obviously not.

Its safety first all the way. Its no wonder the promoters are so willing to serve up slop when you guys are all so keen to accept it, like fat kids at the canteen with your plates out asking for more servings of slop.

and what a way to build the fight anyway, two guys with zero animosity and charisma (and seemingly zero interest in talking up a fight) beating up scrubs, wow this fight is going to have huge mainstream appeal when it happens. i can feel the rivalry brewing when i hear lines like 'its got to make business sense' 'im gonna take care of my side of the street'.
          ... most of the top dogs at the WW division are signed with Al Haymon... He managed to make Thurman vs Porter, Thurman vs Danny, Spence vs Peterson... recently, WBC ordered Danny vs Porter...

... on the other hand Arum made Pac vs Horn, Bud vs Horn, Pac vs Lucas...

... none of the fights above is a "big money fight" (except, perhaps, Pac vs Horn)...

... Spence already stated that he will fight Danny/Porter winner and Thurman before he makes the Bud fight...

Comment

read the damn comments in other threads, stop going down the thebigdunn route of saying im making things up.
            I've read threads, and can't see "us all" saying it needs to marinate.

Of course you "can't be bothered" to provide any evidence backing up your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
              Its not promotional bs, it is Bud being scared. Is it promotional bs, that has kept Bud from facing anyone better than Postol his entire career? Now 31 years of age, Bud can no longer cut 20 pounds and has no choice but to be in a division with A level fighters. And he chose Horn.

Come on. The only reason Bud is with Arum is because it gives him an excuse to avoid any challenge whatsoever. If Broner had fought the same competition, he too would still be undefeated. When someone as good as Bud has no one better than Horn or Postol on his resume at 31, that is not promoter bs, that is an elite boxer being scared to death to test himself.
              I'm not aware of anyone Crawford has avoided at 135 and 40. Can you name the people he should have faced instead?

I don't think Arum would allow Crawford-Spence now. I can see Crawford-Thurman in the distant future, but not Spence.

Comment

you dont want the spence crawford fight, you all say it needs to marinate and make business sense (as if youve got your hands in the cookie jar) so this is what you will get, more one sided fights like horn and ocampos. obviously the thought of a competitive match up being made fairly quickly is such a shocking, radical idea for a lot of you.

I would have thought with the amount of guys around that division you wouldnt need to marinate a single fight for years and years, just fight the best available and then onto the next one, but this is the boxing fanbase in 2018 so obviously not.

Its safety first all the way. Its no wonder the promoters are so willing to serve up slop when you guys are all so keen to accept it, like fat kids at the canteen with your plates out asking for more servings of slop.

and what a way to build the fight anyway, two guys with zero animosity and charisma (and seemingly zero interest in talking up a fight) beating up scrubs, wow this fight is going to have huge mainstream appeal when it happens. i can feel the rivalry brewing when i hear lines like 'its got to make business sense' 'im gonna take care of my side of the street'.
                Who the hell said that?? do you just make up **** to b1tch about?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  I'm not aware of anyone Crawford has avoided at 135 and 40. Can you name the people he should have faced instead?

I don't think Arum would allow Crawford-Spence now. I can see Crawford-Thurman in the distant future, but not Spence.
                  Yea, Bud shoulda fought DSG, Khan, Maidana, and/or Peterson. Oh wait, that's right he starved himself so he could avoid all of them. Then as soon as all of them moved up to 147 he moved up to 140.

Also, Prograis and Mikey were the two best at 140, but Bud fought Indongo and then moved up to fight Horn. Bud should have fought DSG, Thurman, or Porter. But no, it was Horn.

Bud weighed more in the ring as a jww than Spence does as a ww. Someone the same size as DSG, Porter, Thurman, and Spence and his best win is against who? Postol?

Please, Bud refuses to fight anyone with a pulse. He is using Arum as an excuse. That is the only reason Bud is signed to TR. Does he not know that all the top fighters his size are with Haymon? He does, and that is why he signed with TR. So he could fight Postol and Indongo instead of Peterson and DSG. So he could fight Horn instead of Spence or Porter. Its a good excuse, but it is just that. A bs excuse so he can fight the Postol's of the world while Thurman fought DSG and Porter, while Spence fought Brook in England, while AB fought Maidana, Porter, and Mikey.

Comment

beautiful post. it was the POS cherry picker payweather that has led to this. boxing fans are exactly like the cherry picking coward fighters. just like voters are a mirror image of the politicians. spence and Crawford will never fight each other. fighters today are a disgrace just like the fans who bend over backwards. PHUCK THE IBF. I would have thrown their useless belt in the garbage. spence and his handlers promoters etc should be should be fined spence paid payed no money and no fights made except all the champs have to fight each other. Loma makes them all look like girls. in ten fights he did more then spence and Crawford would do in 100 fights
                    Last edited by nacho daddy; 06-17-2018, 05:22 AM.

Comment

There is a difference between wanting a fight to marinate and people knowing that the marinating route is the one promoters are going to make and there is nothing we can do about it. I don't think anyone on here wants to wait for the fight, but as boxing fans we should all understand that they aren't going to match these guys up now no matter how much either Spence or Crawford say they want to fight one another. Arum himself said he isn't interested in the fight until it can do 500K buys. That alone tells you it isn't happening for at least another year

Comment

Working...
                      X