Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Sees Weight as Biggest Stumbling Block For Khan vs. Brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Boxing fans wanting CW's now? WTF is going on.
    There's nothing wrong with catchweights, especially in non title fights, as long as the agreed weight is a healthy one for both men.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      It was obvious he was struggling, even before the GGG fight. I give him credit for defending his belt but it was a dumb move in hindsight to take on Spence after the weight gain, an operation and coming off a loss.
      Brook was heavier than GGG at every stage of the run in, and heavier in the ring, without having an ounce of fat on his frame. His own team told him he shouldn't go back to 147 after that, and he should have listened to them.

Brook looked so good against GGG before his eye socket broke, that I think he could be a real force at 160, let alone 154.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Brook was heavier than GGG at every stage of the run in, and heavier in the ring, without having an ounce of fat on his frame. His own team told him he shouldn't go back to 147 after that, and he should have listened to them.

Brook looked so good against GGG before his eye socket broke, that I think he could be a real force at 160, let alone 154.
        I think his weight is 154, going up to 160 you get much bigger guys draining themselves and in their prime, much like Brook was at 147.... GGG is not a big MW, he just has huge power..... Imagine Brook vs the Jacobs that fought GGG. massive height, reach and weight difference there.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
          UK fans are way more loyal and love boxing more than Americans. How in the fck is this still a big fight over there? both Brook and Khan have been getting their asses whipped and this is still a massive PPV event. I lost interest in this matchup long ago.
          british fights just need bad blood between the two and people are interested

look at bellew vs haye 1 on paper it was a total mismatch everyone expected haye to put him in a coma but the bad blood between them during build up was what sold it to the uk public

we love rivalries here yorks vs lancs, scots vs english ect no matter the level

Comment

Kafkod told me Kell Brook has a small penis but he was more than happy with its girth. Where was that bar called you met him in again, it was in Grimsby, right ?

Comment

if Khan won't accept a CW of 150 then he is ducking.

He made 155 against Clenelo FFS, and said he was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                There's nothing wrong with catchweights, especially in non title fights, as long as the agreed weight is a healthy one for both men.
                I agree 100%, no title and both camps agree then whats the problem?

it was not long ago I when the 'super weight' and 'light weight ' additions did not exist, they were added to offer more titles etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                  This.

There'll be some likely manufactured drama about location, purse split, billing etc. Talk of alternative fights in the US for belts etc. Then, as if by magic, the public will be given the fight they demand...
                  . . . . except noone is really "demanding" it, that's why Hearn et al are having to drag this out!

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                    . . . . except noone is really "demanding" it, that's why Hearn et al are having to drag this out!
                    Yeah sorry, I should have put 'demanding' in quote marks as I feel the same way. I've never been that fussed about this one and it's gone on for way too long...

Comment

Weight isn't a problem at all. Eddie is talking just to get the fight some pub, and in the minds of casuals. Everybody else already knew when Khan signed to Hearn, this was fight they were going to make. Kell Brook is still so desperate, he just came out and said he'd come to 147 to make the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X