Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol Floyd's very own defense squad who made an entire website to defending Floyd has spoken!

FIGHTHYPE.COM ‏@fighthype 19m
    If you want it, come on down and get it!

(someone aks him how he will defend Floyd on draining Canelo)

FIGHTHYPE.COM ‏@fighthype 32m
    @Phigga_Man Huh? What is there to defend? He's the top dog in the sport. Why does he ALWAYS have to be the one to move up?

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      Who is the current wba 154 champ and holder of the WBC's diamond belt?
      Without the belt, people would still say Floyd should fight him. Floyd cant even make 54, to me, any fight above 47, is a bonus fight. I dont think he's obligated to put his 36 yr old body through a fight with these big guys. Im almost shocked so many people are accusing him of ducking Canelo's bum azz, when Canelo doesnt really deserve the fight. Just because he's a draw?

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        Catchweight would be cool. I remember the same Chepo saying there was no chance at that either. May isn't a 154lber so I wouldn't expect him to make the jump unless absolutely necessary. Guess the fight won't happen
        http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/champions

JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT/SUPER WELTERWEIGHT (154 POUNDS)

Zauerbek Baysangurov WBO

Ishe Smith IBF

Floyd Mayweather Jr. WBA

Canelo Alvarez WBC

Comment

• Originally posted by PacIsBack
          Floyd setting up road blocks against fighters that are a threat. Whats new?
          that's really all that needs to be said. Ill leave it at that

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            As I recall the charge was roundly rebuffed by the devoted drones of Pacquiao, so whereas Mayweather can level a charge he's also a way better target. I just find it fascinating how quickly the wolves come baying at the moon with this guy.
            Originally Posted by Slip Stream
            I love how the statements of one man grow and eventually morph

Fight the guys boxing fans want to see you fight and there won't be a problem.

Pretty simple concept that has kept the sport going for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
              I think the difference is Canelo is begging to fight Floyd not the other way around. I mean Marquez had to go to PAC's weight for the rematch he begged for. Bradley had to go to PAC's weight when he wanted to fight him. Floyd had to go to DLH when he wanted that fight. Guerrero had to move up when he wanted to fight Floyd again he called Floyd out and was man enough to move to his weigh. You see the common theme here. You ask for the fight then you have to go where the guy is.
              u notice the difference - all the fights u named is fighters moving UP in weight. Big difference than losing 7 more lbs that u don't have to lose

Comment

• Its a lot like Floyd has been saying post Guerrero, now that Pacquiao has been soundly dispatched another stiff is needed to fill the role of Mayweather slayer regardless of the fact that the new slayer isn't seasoned enough, still there's this urge to see mayweather beaten. I get the sense that there are folks out there that would auction off their souls to Satan if they thought it would somehow lead to Mayweather's defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                  Lol Floyd's very own defense squad who made an entire website to defending Floyd has spoken!

FIGHTHYPE.COM ‏@fighthype 19m
                  If you want it, come on down and get it!

(someone aks him how he will defend Floyd on draining Canelo)

FIGHTHYPE.COM ‏@fighthype 32m
                  @Phigga_Man Huh? What is there to defend? He's the top dog in the sport. Why does he ALWAYS have to be the one to move up?
                  smdh...

i heard al haymon bankrolls that website.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Without the belt, people would still say Floyd should fight him. Floyd cant even make 54, to me, any fight above 47, is a bonus fight. I dont think he's obligated to put his 36 yr old body through a fight with these big guys. Im almost shocked so many people are accusing him of ducking Canelo's bum azz, when Canelo doesnt really deserve the fight. Just because he's a draw?
                    The fact remains, Floyd does have the belt.....no hypothetical, just reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
                      Just be honest guys lol, admit that you think Floyd fighting a guy at 175 while he's 148 is fair game. A man makes 2 appearances at 154 and he can't request a rehydration clause against guy who's spent his whole career at 154 and rehydrates to light heavy. You people are so desperate to see Floyd lose that you think it can't be done unless it's someone who's coming in the ring 4 weight classes north. Lmfao, pathetic!
                      Post the last time Floyd let himself be weighed unofficially. I would love to see this 148 pounds you keep talking about
                      Last edited by Vasyl’s dad; 05-11-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X