Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-09-2018, 12:07 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Dip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond reputeDip_Slide has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,000,084,664.81

No question about number 1:
1) Ability to concentrate and be in the flow for a long period of time under tremendous physical loading

2) workrate and stamina

3) chin

You have to be born with these 3 traits. Hard to teach fighters any of these even though they can be improved upon to a certain degree. very few great fighters lacked any of these.

4) speed

5) reflexes

6) power

these are also hard to teach but are much more trainable than the 1st 3 except for power, which imo is not as important if all or most of the other traits are there.
Dip_Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-09-2018, 12:11 PM #12
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6020 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,524,791,264,709,060,608.00
Total Points: 150,022,624,797,267,410,812,928.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniXSniPe View Post
I agree with your components, but I would consider adding endurance to that list (even though it can be trained to a certain degree). Some people are just natural freaks in that area, just like in speed and power. There are kids in high school running sub 5:00 for 1600m with no running training, which is extremely impressive and shows a lot of talent. Most guys can't even run a sub 7:00 minute mile with no training (and I'm talking regular fit guys, not super obese ones). For example, German Fernandez ran 4:22 for 1600m as a ****ing freshman in high school. That's god damn talent right there.

it can be trained more than your speed and power, and that is the point.

also, those aren't real endurance runs, dude. go have those kids run a marathon without training. they'll get blown away by an accountant who runs marathons, i don't care how talented they are. that's what i'm talking about.

train that accountant for years and years and he'll never outsprint those kids. they won't punch like mike tyson, either.

sometimes you guys just need to sshhhh hand lsiten to me, i have a very deep undesrtanding of this game, and i had media credentials for years and years.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:21 PM #13
NSB APESTA

Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
SniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond reputeSniXSniPe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,724,403,353,513.79
Total Points: 62,724,403,375,909.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
it can be trained more than your speed and power, and that is the point.

also, those aren't real endurance runs, dude. go have those kids run a marathon without training. they'll get blown away by an accountant who runs marathons, i don't care how talented they are. that's what i'm talking about.

train that accountant for years and years and he'll never outsprint those kids. they won't punch like mike tyson, either.

sometimes you guys just need to sshhhh hand lsiten to me, i have a very deep undesrtanding of this game, and i had media credentials for years and years.
Of course it takes training to run a marathon. But you're neglecting the fact there are little kids (like 4 or 5 years old even) who have run marathons (and even further distances). Those high school kids can't run a marathon right off the bat, or maybe they can, but the fact is they will run faster than said accountant with far less training and time. With training, they will not only run the marathon, but they will run it much quicker than said accountant. That's the part where talent kicks in.

If I can throw 500 hard punches a round, and you can only throw 100 before gassing out, and that amount slowly drops per round, while I'm still able to throw close to 500, that obviously makes a big difference in a fight. Endurance is not just training, but also a talent. It can be trained more than speed and power, but that doesn't mean it's not a big important factor. That marathon runnner who trains and has been running for many years for marathon's and still has a person best of 3:30 obviously has far less talent than some of those high school kids who have run below 2:40... and let's be real, the marathon is a RARELY ran event as most coaches do not want their athletes running that far.

At the end of the day, it's more trainable than the others, but still people that posses a huge talent in it make a notable difference.
SniXSniPe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:24 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3066 Post(s)
Mike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond reputeMike D has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 149,598,713,564,654,816.00
Total Points: 177,104,722,589,405,544,448.00
lmao. cheers bro!! - Psylence83 right back at ya buddy - -MAKAVELLI- this will help you forget :D - lebrick A piping hot cup of joe for the funniest poster on the Scene :rofl: - punchr Gotta have a donut with your coffee. - punchr 
Looks like you could use another beer broski - BrometheusBob Mulletman makes some great threads - BoxingFan85 Ole B*tch Ass Hoe! - DionysusX No Message - anthonydavid11 Don't give up on the point system Mike, YOU'RE RICH NOW! - PF Rudyo 
There may or may not be a dildo inside - BrometheusBob. Just showing some hetero love... with the dildo. - DionysusX HAHA, fucking Walmart greeter.  Keep earning $8 per Hour catching granny stealing cookies.  Loser!  Asshole. - HAMMER77777 Walmart greeters are the lowest form of life.  Either theyre 95 Years old, Or older, or they weight 400 lbs., or are crippled. - HAMMER77777 HAHA, fucking Walmart greeter.  Keep earning $8 per Hour catching granny stealing cookies.  Loser!  Asshole. - HAMMER77777 
Go fuck yourself faggot - HAMMER77777 Top Rated, Consistent Poster - ironmt For troll annihilation... - anthonydavid11 haha fucking walmart faggot - HAMMER77777 haha fucking walmart faggot - HAMMER77777 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Fists_of_Fury Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - punchr Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - punchr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - HAMMER77777 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
1. Big cawk
2. Hard body (not soft)
3. Good, healthy genetics (not inbred)
4. Great mental health (no 'shoot up school' psychological weakness)
5. Natural inclination to being slick
6. Dislike of authority/police etc.
Big cawk ain't even necessary, Floyd got one of the tiniest *****es in the history of the squared circle and dude went undefeated and made more money than anybody
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:40 PM #15
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6020 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,524,791,264,709,060,608.00
Total Points: 150,022,624,797,267,410,812,928.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniXSniPe View Post
Of course it takes training to run a marathon. But you're neglecting the fact there are little kids (like 4 or 5 years old even) who have run marathons (and even further distances). Those high school kids can't run a marathon right off the bat, or maybe they can, but the fact is they will run faster than said accountant with far less training and time. With training, they will not only run the marathon, but they will run it much quicker than said accountant. That's the part where talent kicks in.

If I can throw 500 hard punches a round, and you can only throw 100 before gassing out, and that amount slowly drops per round, while I'm still able to throw close to 500, that obviously makes a big difference in a fight. Endurance is not just training, but also a talent. It can be trained more than speed and power, but that doesn't mean it's not a big important factor. That marathon runnner who trains and has been running for many years for marathon's and still has a person best of 3:30 obviously has far less talent than some of those high school kids who have run below 2:40... and let's be real, the marathon is a RARELY ran event as most coaches do not want their athletes running that far.

At the end of the day, it's more trainable than the others, but still people that posses a huge talent in it make a notable difference.

this is just a strawman, dude. nobody is saying that it is not an important element, or that there isn't talent involved. what i am saying is that it is a hell of a lot less based in genetics than punching power or sprinting speed. you can train for your entire life and never crack an egg. you will be able to run a marathon if you are healthy and you train, human beings are incredible long distnace runners and it is in our DNA to be able condition ourselves to do it. it's not in our DNA to be able to condition ourselves to punch harder, especially staying in a weight class, or sprint significantly faster. it just doesn't work like that. i can train for only a few years and probably run 10X as long as i could now. people run 100 miles at a time! you think i'm gonna punch 10X as hard
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
? the world record for running without sleep is 350 miles! 350! let that sink in in terms of just how well you can condition your body for endurance and not speed or power.

that is what i am arguing, don't put words in my mouth, or try and dispute that, because you'll be dead f#cking wrong!
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:41 PM #16
the minge monster

Quoted: 3558 Post(s)
The plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond reputeThe plunger man has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,274,771.01
Total Points: 249,999,999,999,999,995,805,696.00
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium 
No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger No Message - Steve plunger 
lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium lol - denium Keep it up!!! - MDPopescu 
lol - denium to help you get it up for your bum chum Joshua - WTF Huck! You are one stupid dumb ass - Scott. Weiland My round innit - kafkod Nice sig, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott. Weiland 

Timing,hunger,footwork,speed and durability
The plunger man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:51 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2542 Post(s)
Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,000,007,395,719,774,208.00
No Message - PrinceNaz88 pushing wigs back with ease - jas Good banter - jas Good banter - jas 

Timing is an interesting one. There is something innate about good timing. Anyone get hit fook out of a heavy bag
Sparked_26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxer?, effective, genetic, important, make, physical, traits

User Tag List