Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Mike Tyson not considered top 5 Heavyweight of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    I would put top fifteen.F tank Bruno were two very good underrated w ins. He beat Bruno coming out of prison so easily.
    But I want to know where Mike rates himself. Mike knows his history. Of course Mike will say I'll leave it up to others to judge me. But forget that we want your opinion.
    No... Just no.

Bruno was renowned for simply falling apart as soon as he got buzzed. He'd drop his guard and just freeze up and become an easy target to unload on.

Not underrated in the slightest. They are given the level of credit they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      No... Just no.

Bruno was renowned for simply falling apart as soon as he got buzzed. He'd drop his guard and just freeze up and become an easy target to unload on.

Not underrated in the slightest. They are given the level of credit they deserve.
      But Bruno did make l Lennox look average for a while and he beat Oliver McCall who beat lennox

Comment

But Bruno did make l Lennox look average for a while and he beat Oliver McCall who beat lennox
        Worst triangle theory I've ever seen.

They were even on the majority of the cards..and in my eyes even to watch.

He UD'd a McCall who had already proven he could be outboxed soundly several times before.. the guy had 5 decision losses before Bruno even fought him.

He beat McCall who beat Lennox? If that's you trying to say that on some level Bruno OR McCall are better than Lewis.. you need to delete your account.

You're actually saying that because he beat McCall ..by proxy he is better than Lennox?

Tyson beat Bruno twice...Lennox sparked Tyson out. Proves nothing using the same logic you've employed. Welcome to triangle theory boxing

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Do you think he’s better than George Foreman, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Joe Louis, Jack Johnson, Rocky Marciano, Lennox Lewis? He lost to Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. Does he have a win over any elite prime Heavyweight? Besides Larry Holmes who did beat? Michael Spinks?
          Yes it does just like Joshua win over Wladmiar

Comment

I don't think he's even top 10, definitely not top 5.
            He was a mentally weak guy who was raised by Cus D' Amatao to have a bullies mentality - he was taught to intimidate opponents before fights even started, but when he couldn't do that, he quickly unraveled and lost confidence.
            He was also one dimensional because he was short for a HW, and was only capable of fighting coming forwards. Guys with good boxing skills could control him because of this (they'd have to have a good chin and be brave though).
            Who did he even beat at his peak in the 80's? Holmes was way past his best, Spinks was absolutely terrified before the fight started.
            Holyfield and Douglas couldn't be intimidated though like that though.
            Ali, Lewis, Louis, Holyfield, Frazier all better for a start. Then you have likes of Foreman, Holmes (when he was Champion) the list can go on with the likes of Marciano and others who have a strong case to be better than Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
              Do you think those 5 you are referring to would beat Mike Tyson in his prime?
              we never got to see Mike in his prime, so the point is moot.

But of the Mike that we saw, there are 5 heavyweights better than him.

Comment

FFS, Bruno had a few good rounds against Lewis, then got brutally stopped. This was a long time before Lewis matured and reached his peak too. Lewis was still by far the better man on the night.
                According to your logic, Khan was capable of beating Canelo because he had a few good rounds.
                Bruno was nowhere near as good as Lewis, he was barely world class. Just give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Worst triangle theory I've ever seen.

They were even on the majority of the cards..and in my eyes even to watch.

He UD'd a McCall who had already proven he could be outboxed soundly several times before.. the guy had 5 decision losses before Bruno even fought him.

He beat McCall who beat Lennox? If that's you trying to say that on some level Bruno OR McCall are better than Lewis.. you need to delete your account.

You're actually saying that because he beat McCall ..by proxy he is better than Lennox?

Tyson beat Bruno twice...Lennox sparked Tyson out. Proves nothing using the same logic you've employed. Welcome to triangle theory boxing
                  It blows my mind...Triangle theories should have been put to bed after Ali beat Foreman but people use them more than ever it seems

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    It blows my mind...Triangle theories should have been put to bed after Ali beat Foreman but people use them more than ever it seems
                    Really really makes my brain hurt.

How on earth out of all the triangle theories knocking around anyone can come to a conclusion that Bruno was even remotely near Lennox is astounding.

Comment

I've never eve r implied Bruno was near lennox in grearness.
                      I'm just talking common opponents tyso n did better than lennox. Just like Pac did better than Floyd in common opponents as well as other reasons, that's why Pac imo is greater than floyd.
                      Tyrell Biggs said tyso n was the best he fought also..I've also not implied Tyson greater than lennox
                      Last edited by hugh grant; 10-08-2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X