Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that Zab Judah back in the early 2000's was better than Terence Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that Zab Judah back in the early 2000's was better than Terence Crawford

Someone made the comment in the Kostya Tszu thread that Zudah at 140 was better than this Terence Crawford. Exactly how true is this. Zab seemed to be faster with better footwork. But Crawford, on the other hand, is better defensively, offensively, and IQ wise.

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Someone made the comment in the Kostya Tszu thread that Zudah at 140 was better than this Terence Crawford. Exactly how true is this. Zab seemed to be faster with better footwork. But Crawford, on the other hand, is better defensively, offensively, and IQ wise.
    Zab always did have fast, explosive power, particularly in that left super uppercut. He was chinny early in his career as you noted. Zab was always Zab's worst enemy. Inadequate preparation at times coupled with other problems always haunted Zab.

As for the Crawford comparison, I think I would like Crawford in that fight as long as he didn't stand around let Zab drill him with lefts. Zab could be outboxed, it just took a special guy with a chin to do it.

Comment

Outside of natural athletic ability no way

Comment

Talent wise, maybe, Zab was one hell of a talent.
        But right now Terence is much better than Zab ever was.

Comment

Zab didn't have Crawfords professionalism or sturdiness. I think despite Zabs athleticism, Crawfords much more intelligent a boxer too.

Comment

Nah... Disagree by a million

Comment

Crawford is better in almost every way. He's tougher and a smarter fighter.

Judah had faster hands, he had more power, but that was it pretty much. He showed he had the potential to be great, just wasn't consistent at all. Crawford gets better after every fight.

Comment

Judah had more athletic gifts but Crawford seems to have the better IQ and that is what separates good and great boxers

Comment

Zab showed glaring flaws very early on. People were just blinded by his speed. Because Zabs hands were insanely fast.

Crawford hasn't shown the same weaknesses Zab did at a btter level than Zab did.

I always thought Zab did a great job to become lineal and unified at 147

Comment

Zab Judah more talented and skilled than Crawford.Crawford is a smarter fighter than Judah

Comment

Working...
                    X