No announcement yet.

**** Bernie Sanders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    He says a lot of things I like. Fuck Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Empty rhetoric from Bernie...that will appeal to the intellectually weak. Where exactly is he challenging the Central Bank system in all his leftist grandstanding?

And yet he supports the vary same thing that hurts the poor and lower middle class the most...which is a 0% interest rate policy by the federal reserve. It hurts the poor with the cost of living going up due to the expansion of the money supply, and it hurts the middle class by disincentivizing them from saving...since the Krugman's and Bernie's of the world would rather have them spend, spend, spend all their money into the economy, even if they have to borrow it to do it.

Meanwhile, he criticizes companies for off-shoring in that video...completely oblivious to the fact that the vary same policies he supports.... which squeeze them on both ends [tax hikes & ever higher minimum wages] would force even more companies to offshore/outsource. Who would wanna stay and take Bernie Sanders' type abuse?

Finally...while I don't like Alan Greenspan, he completely schooled Sanders there at the end by pointing out that the economic growth/innovation/technological progress [and thus standard of living] of a country of 300 million >>> the welfare state/social programs/govt forced wages of Scandanavia, whose countries roughly average at about 5 million population a piece.
    Last edited by One_Tycoon; 01-23-2016, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Man Bernie destroyed that guy. Greenspan is an idiot and so is anyone else that thinks like him. I'm amazed he eventually admitted how wrong his stupid vision was.

Yes...he presided over a 1% interest rate during his tenure, and his successor took it down to pretty much 0%...which bernie supports. Greenspan's view on tax cuts and the minimum wage are irrelevant since those aren't his decisions to make.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
        Seriously, he is a pvssy ass n.igga that wants to give everybody handouts, while sticking his fingers up his ass saying, "Oh, oh my pvssy"
        youre a complete blithering idiot you dumb sht!

Comment

Originally posted by 0ne_Capitalist View Post
          [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Meanwhile, he criticizes companies for off-shoring in that video...completely oblivious to the fact that the vary same policies he supports.... which squeeze them on both ends [tax hikes & ever higher minimum wages] would force even more companies to offshore/outsource.
          Many of the large corporations have years where they are paying zero taxes. See Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, General Electric, Boeing, Verizon.

They aren't getting squeezed at all. The reason they offshore jobs is because they are greedy and prefer to have slave labor instead of paying fair wages to American workers.

Comment

Many of the large corporations have years where they are paying zero taxes. See Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, General Electric, Boeing, Verizon.

They aren't getting squeezed at all. The reason they offshore jobs is because they are greedy and prefer to have slave labor instead of paying fair wages to American workers.
            You dummy. Plenty of the companies who pay zero in taxes do so precisely because they offshored or outsources, which makes my point. It didn't just happen on it's own. They used their resources and took advantage of the loopholes.

If you have a problem with tax loopholes for particular sectors of the economy...then you should be advocating for simplifying the tax code if not abolishing the income tax altogether. Plenty of companies leave because of the tax burden...and ironically a guy like Sanders wants to double down to "punish" them, whereas someone like Rand Paul [teh polar opposite in the presidential sweepstakes] understands economics and incentives, therefore is advocating for tax cuts for those who bring jobs back to the U.S.

And last i checked...bank of america does not have sweatshops in third world countries. Pay attention.
            Last edited by One_Tycoon; 01-23-2016, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Sanders wins this beauty pageant speech. Too bad he doesn't have profound enough vision or political ideas to actually accomplish anything in reality, but at least he can complain about it with vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ne_Capitalist View Post
                And last i checked...bank of america does not have sweatshops in third world countries. Pay attention.
                They have offshored call centers to third world countries like the Philippines. At various times it has even been a big deal in the media due to worries about having financial data in the hands of foreigners. Pay attention.

You dummy.

Comment

They have offshored call centers to third world countries like the Philippines.
                  SO what?

And what would Bernie do about it?

Bernie and his ilk need to learn basic economics...and more specifically 'Rational agents' of the economy and what makes them tick [consumers and firms alike]

Comment

Bernie Sanders operates from a Prison Warden premise. The premise that the U.S. economy and it's big participants are in a prison. Naturally by default, if you are in a prison, you are not free and the threat of further punishment [i.e. sticking you into the hole for 30 days or removing certain privileges] generally takes care of the problem and serves as a deterrent.

But we're not in a prison. It's supposed to be a Free society, and a free economy. A free market economy if you will. Therefore a guy like Bernie can ignore all the free market signals he wants and threaten a 90% tax...but that doesn't mean that those who are impacted by it will stick around for the abuse. Not unless he takes it a step further and prevents them from leaving...becoming a full-blown Authoritarian.

We are all rational agents of the economy [individuals and companies alike], not Bernie's or any other Central planner's chess pieces to rearrange.

Comment

I like Sanders & what he stands for, but there is no way he doesn't have a "stroke" or "heart attack" in office within the first year cuz the people behind the curtain don't want a guy like Sanders screwing **** up for them. Or if I'm being far too cynical there will just be a 4 to 8 year stalemate in the senate & congress & lil to nothing Sanders wants to get done will get done.

Having said all that I think if its Trump vs Sanders, Trump will win cuz he'll say some clever remark or funny joke about Sanders & win the election largely off of that cuz people are f#cking stupid & like sound bits more than real ideas, concepts & logic being put forth in this election stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X