Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I'm Taking a Big Risk Entering Fielding's Comfort Zone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelo is just decorating his legacy...grabbing belts and cashing big checks...living his best life!!...War Nelo!

Comment

Canelo is one of the best pound for pound, but Fielding is no risk.

Comment

Goes from 154 to 168 this quick

Strongly suggests he was juicing

Comment

Benavidez vs Canelo is the fight i would like to see most.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            Goes from 154 to 168 this quick

Strongly suggests he was juicing
            He was smaller in his 2nd fight then his 1st with GGG

Comment

I have a lot of respect for canelo.

He's smaller than golovkin, yet he does things golovkin is scared to do.

I'll just let the clenbuterol slide once. Im back on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                Come on Canelo! let's be honest here, you are not taking in the minimum a risk, you are taking this opportunity aka. Roy Jones Jr. vs Ruiz in heavy weight. A easy touch and tune up with the bonus to capture a third champion chip belt in another weight class. That is not something bad what you are doing and I am glad you got this opportunity, so stop saying is a risk and don't lie the public and your fans. Peace.
                Very well said! I agree completely!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  so you take a 2nd WBA "champion" at 168 who was ko'd in 2 round by the real WBA champion at 168 as an actual real title win? Ok
                  Again, canelo deserves and need an easier fight. Can't just fight the best available every time out. Would you rather that easier fight be lemieux, who bring absolutely nothing to the table, or fielding, who presents a title and a height and weight advantages? I'll rake the latter as a boxing fan.

Regarding the fake title, i totally agree with you. I hate all these fookin meaningless titles. But for some strange fookin reason you're still regarded as a champion and will go down in history as such. That means more to the fighters than us the fans

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                    I have a lot of respect for canelo.

He's smaller than golovkin, yet he does things golovkin is scared to do.

I'll just let the clenbuterol slide once. Im back on the bandwagon.
                    I highly doubt Golovkin would have been scared to move up and face Rocky Fielding. In fact, if Golovkin does move up, you can bet he will be looking to face the real champions at 168lbs, not some tinpot interim/'regular' titlist.

Having said that, I don't think this is a bad fight for Canelo. He can test the waters at 168lbs - a weight class he is most realistically too small for - and perhaps when he returns back down to 160lbs it will give him added confidence facing a smaller man. Just don't call it "making history" by capturing world titles in three weight classes, because that only further devalues what it means to be a world champion in boxing these days.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                      I highly doubt Golovkin would have been scared to move up and face Rocky Fielding. In fact, if Golovkin does move up, you can bet he will be looking to face the real champions at 168lbs, not some tinpot interim/'regular' titlist.

Having said that, I don't think this is a bad fight for Canelo. He can test the waters at 168lbs - a weight class he is most realistically too small for - and perhaps when he returns back down to 160lbs it will give him added confidence facing a smaller man. Just don't call it "making history" by capturing world titles in three weight classes, because that only further devalues what it means to be a world champion in boxing these days.
                      Im referring to golovkin hiding at 160, when if he really wanted to prove himself and cement his legacy, there were opportunities at 168.

Whatever excuses golovkin had why he couldn't move up, canelo is saying none of them were valid.

Maybe canelo gets beat or knocked out lol, but right now he's saying he believes in himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X