No announcement yet.

Confirmed: Beterbiev will face Callum Johnson for IBF world title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: Beterbiev will face Callum Johnson for IBF world title

Last edited by iNixus; 05-06-2018, 02:28 PM.

Beterbiev has so much potential, but fights tomato cans once every year and a half or so... such a shame.

Kovalev fought Shabransky, Mikhalkin, both better than Callum Johnson, and will face Alvarez, arguably the number four guy in the division behind Stevenson, Bivol and Beterbiev.
    Last edited by Vlad_; 05-06-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

fun fight. Johnson get merked though. when is this scheduled for? i hope beterbiev gets at least 3 fights this year, his promising career has been ruined by his awful promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Beterbiev has so much potential, but fights tomato cans once every year and a half or so... such a shame.
        so a gold medalist at commonwealth and a 17-0-0 is a can? why? because he's not champion? not named Kovalev or Bivol? Nop p4p fighter? Seriously not because your not on champion level your a can. Even if you trained all your life you may not even have reached where Callum reached. IMO once you reach top 15 your not a can anymore

Comment

Callum Johnson has fook all to lose and the power to trouble anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by iNixus View Post
            so a gold medalist at commonwealth and a 17-0-0 is a can? why? because he's not champion? not named Kovalev or Bivol? Nop p4p fighter? Seriously not because your not on champion level your a can. Even if you trained all your life you may not even have reached where Callum reached. IMO once you reach top 15 your not a can anymore
            He isn't a can, but you gotta admit Callum looks out of his depth with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by King GGG View Post
              He isn't a can, but you gotta admit Callum looks out of his depth with this one.
              Indeed he's not gonna win but atleast he have the balls to accept where many didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by iNixus View Post
                I’m just going with the NSB logic flow. If you’re not a champ and don’t knock everyone out, you’re a bum. If you don’t fight the number two guy, you chery pick tomato cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  I’m just going with the NSB logic flow. If you’re not a champ and don’t knock everyone out, you’re a bum. If you don’t fight the number two guy, you chery pick tomato cans.
                  Im a boxing fan i enjoy less talented boxers as well. NSB logic is ridiculous in my book.

Comment

Rough night for Callum here. Beterbiev is gonna knock him outta his shoes.

Although Beterbiev is 33 now & still hasn't had a meaningful fight. He's still a young 33 I suppose, but I don't think once you get up to 35, 36 there is such a thing as a young 35, 36 so his drop off is coming soon & if it comes early he might just get beat here. Unfortunate how Beterbiev's career has gone. This guy should be proven or not by now & have been in some solid fights.

A glance at Beterbiev's last couple years. 3 years, 4 fights.

6mos inactive currently
                    Nov. 2017 KO12 Enrico Koelling (23-1)
                    11mos inactive
                    Dec. 2016 KO1 Isidro Prieto (26-1-3)
                    6mos inactive
                    June 2016 KO4 Ezequiel Maderna (23-2)
                    12mos inactive
                    June 2015 KO7 Alexander Johnson (16-2)

Comment

Working...
                    X