Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wilder Accept AJ's Offer or Reject and Duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised how few think wilder would accept the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
      Now we know Wilder's team will be imminently receiving an offer, will Wilder accept and fight or reject and duck?
      These are negotiations. Offers and counter offers are what it’s about.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        Surprised how few think wilder would accept the fight
        Its a hater thread and all his haters answered first. At least they are consistent

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          The suggestion is that the proposal is:

65% Joshua 35% wilder in uk

Rematch depending on who wins, location preferred US by tbc:

Joshua 50% wilder 50%
          Joshua 75% wilder 25%

That seems pretty fair to me. If wilder does quibble there is only so many days before Joshua has to take on povetkin. It will be his biggest pay day by far and he gets two pay days and two shots and winning all the belts.

He would be foolish to turn it down but I think he will as he will want more. Could well end up delaying the fights to next year if he does.
          Where did these figures came from?

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
            Now we know Wilder's team will be imminently receiving an offer, will Wilder accept and fight or reject and duck?
            Fighters don't get into boxing to duck the biggest possible fight of their career and fight nobodies for peanuts.

Real question is whether fast Eddie will make him a genuine offer or give him the lowball.

Comment

I think he'll reject the initial offer but they will work something out and the fight will be signed before the end of the year. I've always maintained that will happen.

This is negotiations. It's very often easy and wrapped up fast.

Comment

No ppv revenue like aj tho?? Wilders getting screwed this reminds me of oscars joke offer to ggg in 2016 for 10 mil, you need to throw in a % of ppv revenue cause Joshua will walk away with upwards of 40-50 million and he’s the one who’s getting knocked out.

not a bad start point let the negotiations begin if its real cause you don’t just throw a flat offer and say take it or leave for a superfight you have to work out a lot of details it sounds to me Hearn is taking a page out of oscars book to stall this even longer but let’s see.

Comment

Working...
                X