Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android Beats RIM And Apple In Q2: Now The U.S.'s Top-Selling Smartphone Platform

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le4 View Post
    apple is more expensive
    We know...

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      How did you root it with a new OS? Where can I get that?
      I used this tutorial to root my G1. This video is to update it to a different version of the 1.6 Firmware (which TMobile sent out over the air months ago, this is just a diff and faster version). I'm rockin 2.1 Firmware right now and they're about to drop Froyo 2.2 firmware in the next couple weeks. Sounds a bit confusing, but I think these 2 vids will give you a better idea. The dude on these vids also has links to the things you'll need to download. Make sure you have a SD card as well before rooting anything.

Comment

I just ditched my Storm 2 for the new Droid X... This phone is easily the best thing I've ever used. Just amazing.

BTW, Breakbeat won't like this.

Look for him to enter the thread with a slew of random links

Comment

I gotta get that new EVO.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
            I just ditched my Storm 2 for the new Droid X... This phone is easily the best thing I've ever used. Just amazing.

BTW, Breakbeat won't like this.

Look for him to enter the thread with a slew of random links
            Yea the Droid is a dope phone!

Funny thing is...as far as Computers I'm an Apple head through and through, but Android is killin it on the phone tip. I personally know 4 people who returned their iPhones and copped either the EVO (and went to Boost Mobile and got it unlocked for $50 a month unlimited web / calls) or went with the Aria (AT&T's HTC phone).

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
              I used this tutorial to root my G1. This video is to update it to a different version of the 1.6 Firmware (which TMobile sent out over the air months ago, this is just a diff and faster version). I'm rockin 2.1 Firmware right now and they're about to drop Froyo 2.2 firmware in the next couple weeks. Sounds a bit confusing, but I think these 2 vids will give you a better idea. The dude on these vids also has links to the things you'll need to download. Make sure you have a SD card as well before rooting anything.

You know, they've already got 2.2 running on the G1...

Comment

Originally posted by tomjo View Post
                You know, they've already got 2.2 running on the G1...

Yea but it's not 100% fully functional yet. Apparently the one they're about to drop doesn't have any issues as the beta version they dropped had issues with wifi, issues with outgoing calls and texting. I downloaded the 2.2 they leaked a couple months back and it ran fast, but had kinks. The one they're dropping supposedly works with all Android model phones. Gets to become a pain rooting your phone back and forth to different firmware. Now I just wait till the full updates leak.

Comment

Working...
                X