No announcement yet.

Should GGG sue Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone saying "Oh that ships sailed, he can no longer sue"

It's still MAY! It's not even a month later since GGG was supposed to fight Canelo. Lawsuits can come in a year+ later and still be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... people just don't like to follow the actual sequence of events...
      Yeah, I know, they just don't get it, they lie to themselves, don't know what they think they will achieve by doing so

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        You're right, but I mean something separate from a boilerplate FM clause, something allowing either guy to pull out voluntarily depending in their personal circumstances. Otherwise every fight that got called off due to injury would give grounds for a lawsuit.
        ... of course... while injury is an "act of God", taking banned substances just isn't... but never mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          So you just wrote utter garbage hoping people would buy it, the pills would have been salt, he was proven to be a PED cheat so no issue if he gets sued by GGG
          Here's some quotes
          "Again with Mexican meat? Come on," Golovkin said. "I told you, it's not Mexican meat. This is Canelo. This is his team. This is his promotion. Canelo is cheating. They're using these drugs, and everybody is just trying to pretend it's not happening.
          Golovkin told reporters he thought that the recent positive test is not indicative of the first time Alvarez has used performance-enhancing drugs. Golovkin said he thought Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, Alvarez's promoter and an International Boxing Hall of Famer who won world titles in six weight classes, is "dirty," as well.

"It was pretty obvious when [Alvarez's] muscles were all [enlarged] ... and with the traces of injections, which were visible," Golovkin said. "Before the first fight, I knew he was not clean. I can talk about Oscar De La Hoya too. He is also not clean. He's dirty."
          Golovkin's comments about injection marks stem from the fact that he and his promoter, Tom Loeffler, said they have been sent videos and photos of Alvarez apparently taking some kind of pill following the weigh-in for the fight in September, in addition to photos that show him having apparent injection marks on his abdomen.

"People were sending him videos and photos, and they said he should ask the commission what these photos and videos are," Loeffler told ESPN. "People were telling him to get the commission to clarify what it was. But he doesn't think Canelo was smart."

Comment

Originally posted by Dbt View Post

It's still MAY! It's not even a month later since GGG was supposed to fight Canelo. Lawsuits can come in a year+ later and still be successful.
            I posted the Nevada statute of limitations, he has 6 years

Comment

Originally posted by Dbt View Post

... of course he still may sue... but he gets much more by actually doing that fight...

Yeah, I know, they just don't get it, they lie to themselves, don't know what they think they will achieve by doing so
              ... winning a "debate" over sophistic arguments?

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
                Here's some quotes
                "Again with Mexican meat? Come on," Golovkin said. "I told you, it's not Mexican meat. This is Canelo. This is his team. This is his promotion. Canelo is cheating. They're using these drugs, and everybody is just trying to pretend it's not happening.
                Golovkin told reporters he thought that the recent positive test is not indicative of the first time Alvarez has used performance-enhancing drugs. Golovkin said he thought Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, Alvarez's promoter and an International Boxing Hall of Famer who won world titles in six weight classes, is "dirty," as well.

"It was pretty obvious when [Alvarez's] muscles were all [enlarged] ... and with the traces of injections, which were visible," Golovkin said. "Before the first fight, I knew he was not clean. I can talk about Oscar De La Hoya too. He is also not clean. He's dirty."
                Golovkin's comments about injection marks stem from the fact that he and his promoter, Tom Loeffler, said they have been sent videos and photos of Alvarez apparently taking some kind of pill following the weigh-in for the fight in September, in addition to photos that show him having apparent injection marks on his abdomen.

"People were sending him videos and photos, and they said he should ask the commission what these photos and videos are," Loeffler told ESPN. "People were telling him to get the commission to clarify what it was. But he doesn't think Canelo was smart."
                All said AFTER Canelo failed 2 drug tests, NEWSFLASH, HE WAS DIRTY

Comment

... of course he still may sue... but he gets much more by actually doing that fight...

... winning a "debate" over sophistic arguments?
                  He could have the rematch and then sue

Comment

He could have the rematch and then sue
                    ... good joke!...

Comment

... good joke!...
                      It would be funny

Comment

Working...
                      X